Pros And Cons Of Micro Chipping

All my lot done when they were pups. Ive had dogs chipped since it first became available. Atb

so what happens when they don't make the grade? Or do you just pass them on
what different does it make if it's chipped? Most people put the dogs to sleep if no good. Better than passing them on.

I won't be having my dog done until I'm stopped and il get it done on the 21day warning.

There ain't many Lurcher/coursing boys that put dogs to sleep.. they always try to sell/swop or leave there rubbish on the field so that why I ask to question

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some shocking comments here.   These days chipping your dog is cheaper than a box of smokes. If you value your dogs get them chipped and don't worry if they "Don't make the grade" or not.

When's the compulsory chipping of garden shitting cats taking place.

All pros for me if 1 of mine was lost or stolen I'd want it back no matter what, got my young 1 done with her jabs and a bit ago a lass told me dogs trust (think it was them) were doing a scheme so got the old 2 done for free.

Tallywacker. Ive only ever passed one dog on as i was over dogged at 5 dogs. I had him neutered & signed new owner section on chip certificate. Then gifted him to new owner who was brother of a good mate. Atb

• Like 1

It can only work if we let it work. It should not be compulsary.. If it doesnt stop backyard breeders and f..kwits why should we support it if we dont want it. What if some farmer says your dog has just cost him 25 grand because youre dog has stopped his free range hens laying by running around his field?

Poachers pocket..Have you had much experience of things getting messy?

No i havnt i generally hunt alone and im very careful what i do and were i do it and only really hunt rabbit. But you only have to go to the shows and listen to dimwit chavs that kill anything in sight it makes my piss boil. I was talking to some lads at a show in summer and the stupid stories they were coming out with i had to walk off the idiots stuck there dog on something at side of an estate and when it got on top they had to leave a dog behind. Thats the sort of nobs im on about and iv never been in a situation like that and i never will be. The worst il ever get is being apprehended with edible stuff.
  • Like 1

Surely it's a duty of care thing if you chip your dogs, just another way of increasing the chances of your dogs being returned if lost. I've always had mine done as pups, I'm a little more curious as to why you wouldn't though? Is it just incase your dog is doing something it shouldn't be? Or is because the government are telling you that you have to and you just don't like being dictated to? Genuinely curious not trying to ruffle feathers... Also do you think microchipping would be compulsory if it weren't for the minority of nobs out there that don't look after their animals properly, do get up to things that they definitely should not be, for the welfare of the dogs or hang around street corners intimidating people with their Chavvy Chihuahua's,,,,, Probably not... Explain to me the major benefits of not having your dogs chipped, I don't want to judge anybody just want to understand.

• Like 1

how about for people who hunt local it wont surprise me rspca and police use the data base to find people who are seen hunting at an area eg fawn dog dog with certain markings. cross check data base they will know all local dogs of that description. even if within the law it could cause loads of trouble. how many times have people been seen and not known it even on perm and something accidently pops up. or even just the ball ache of rspca knocking your door as they like to do with all working dog men. gone are the days if local just poping out to check new ground. it tightens the belt where perm is gone be def needed. its a great finding tool for both us and anyone else who wants to know who you are good or bad

• Like 1