Is there a way I can block people so I don't see their posts?

This has been a really excellent and informative post, but one or two fcuking morons are really getting on my wick. If I could just get rid of them my enjoyment of this site would massively increase.

• Like 2

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripod. a local dog fox with one of his cubs at the earth. he was a cripple and still helped the vixen feed the cubs. along with a cub from the previous year. ive watch these foxes for generations and

I really cannot believe that you didnt know the dog is involved in the up bringing of cubs FD but you dont seem convinced ....as for the dog only being vocal during the rut I can guarentee you he will

great too see hunters respecting what they hunt and ive learnt something from this thread , think we need too be open minded about things , and its true believe what you see and sometimes if that's al

Posted Images

Haven't seen a cub on the side of the road yet Neil must be getting streetwise lol

LOL, is it just me or do all hunting folk slow down to have a look and then feel remorse when they see any wildlife killed on the road.

The only roadkill that doesn't bother me is a dead cat.

I look at everything. Deer go in the back for dog food, and I take foxes for the ministry (round my way they test fox carcasses for trichinaella worm, to see if it is in the boar).

I shed no tears to see road kill badgers. This time of the year, there is no end of them. Saw a couple of ginger ones the other day, nearly stopped to get one for the taxidermist. But thought it wouldn't be a good look, what with me having terriers and all...

• Like 7

Stop End, you telling me how to manage my trapping would be like me telling you how to swap Jack Russells.

You telling 2 vermin officers in the South their rules when you're stuck in a city in the North is a funny one and just because I showed the other day that you wrote a spoof post about the badger in the ladder trap you've tried to come on this thread and contradict me.

You're of the same ilk as that idiot Foxbolter in that when you've lost an arguement you revert to insults in desperation.

Neil here in the north its called a discussion its only you looking to argue it seems, someone has to tell you how to how to do it competently because it seems by some of your posts you make it up as you go along! like the time You said you set a snare with a half eaten bird as bait? could you explain this theory please? as anyone who has set snares on a regular basis will know you only snare on a pad where the animal frequents and if you have the sufficient fieldcraft skills you will catch your predator...so why the need to use bait? ... all you did like you admitted this time was to feed a fox!

I repied trying to help you on how to be competent on snare setting and it was you who reverted to insults and lies tut tut.... Now as for me swapping Jack russells, ive heard you say this quite a few times before, hmm more lies...tell me the name of a dog or bitch I have swapped to anyone? just one name of dog or person would suffice please im surprised your still not calling me a dog thief or a peddler.

Now a vermin officer in a GC is like a child who checks a few Larsen traps and maybe the odd rat trap round a release pen and digs the odd problem fox on GC land, fair play to you a lot of folk round the country are doing the same day in day out 356... Now you said I wrote a spoof post the other day about a sow being in a ladder trap and asked how did I know it was a sow..lol ... hmm why would I make this up? There was a post the other day on the habits of a fox at breeding time regarding the dog and so on... so when I went to check a ladder trap on land that hasn't seen a badger in quite a few years we were surprised to see a female badger was in there climbing the wire trying to get birds... it seems only you and chris packham and bill oddie would call me a liar, as yous have read too many books and not seen enough rural wildlife operate in real time.

I replied to your derogatory post with an LOL as you said I accidentally trapped a badger.... now also anyone who would be knowledgable in a ladder trap would know its for avian corvids...not mammals, the badger broke into my trap like a burglar... when approached she puffed herself up and tried to intimidate me...just like you try..lol.. that was soon sorted and I watched her run 2 fields and over a railway track...

Stuck in a city?.. whats that mean... I could spit over the border in any direction of my house, I have dug most my life in the ROI & NI I have a vehicle to get about so im not stuck anywhere, I work and earn a living with enough permission to keep myself and a few other men with the same ideology busy.. you seem to be offended by this! if it bothers you that much if you have to come on the www .... and makeup fairytales about me, its easy to pm and arrange lunch..

also keep up to date im back out of terriers again and im breeding harris hawks...more money in them sure!

average for this time of year around here

attachicon.gifvixen and cub 2016.jpg

just to get back on track

When God created man he may have been a tad fickle with his brush,when he created animals he saved his best work for the fox,possibly the handsomest of his creations.I respect every aspect of what they offer to the hunt and the mutts that are best suited to their demise,yet id rather see a live- un.

• Like 4

When God created man he may have been a tad fickle with his brush,when he created animals he saved his best work for the fox,possibly the handsomest of his creations.I respect every aspect of what they offer to the hunt and the mutts that are best suited to their demise,yet id rather see a live- un.

Stop End, you telling me how to manage my trapping would be like me telling you how to swap Jack Russells.

You telling 2 vermin officers in the South their rules when you're stuck in a city in the North is a funny one and just because I showed the other day that you wrote a spoof post about the badger in the ladder trap you've tried to come on this thread and contradict me.

You're of the same ilk as that idiot Foxbolter in that when you've lost an arguement you revert to insults in desperation.

Neil here in the north its called a discussion its only you looking to argue it seems, someone has to tell you how to how to do it competently because it seems by some of your posts you make it up as you go along! like the time You said you set a snare with a half eaten bird as bait? could you explain this theory please? as anyone who has set snares on a regular basis will know you only snare on a pad where the animal frequents and if you have the sufficient fieldcraft skills you will catch your predator...so why the need to use bait? ... all you did like you admitted this time was to feed a fox!

I repied trying to help you on how to be competent on snare setting and it was you who reverted to insults and lies tut tut.... Now as for me swapping Jack russells, ive heard you say this quite a few times before, hmm more lies...tell me the name of a dog or bitch I have swapped to anyone? just one name of dog or person would suffice please im surprised your still not calling me a dog thief or a peddler.

Now a vermin officer in a GC is like a child who checks a few Larsen traps and maybe the odd rat trap round a release pen and digs the odd problem fox on GC land, fair play to you a lot of folk round the country are doing the same day in day out 356... Now you said I wrote a spoof post the other day about a sow being in a ladder trap and asked how did I know it was a sow..lol ... hmm why would I make this up? There was a post the other day on the habits of a fox at breeding time regarding the dog and so on... so when I went to check a ladder trap on land that hasn't seen a badger in quite a few years we were surprised to see a female badger was in there climbing the wire trying to get birds... it seems only you and chris packham and bill oddie would call me a liar, as yous have read too many books and not seen enough rural wildlife operate in real time.

I replied to your derogatory post with an LOL as you said I accidentally trapped a badger.... now also anyone who would be knowledgable in a ladder trap would know its for avian corvids...not mammals, the badger broke into my trap like a burglar... when approached she puffed herself up and tried to intimidate me...just like you try..lol.. that was soon sorted and I watched her run 2 fields and over a railway track...

Stuck in a city?.. whats that mean... I could spit over the border in any direction of my house, I have dug most my life in the ROI & NI I have a vehicle to get about so im not stuck anywhere, I work and earn a living with enough permission to keep myself and a few other men with the same ideology busy.. you seem to be offended by this! if it bothers you that much if you have to come on the www .... and makeup fairytales about me, its easy to pm and arrange lunch..

also keep up to date im back out of terriers again and im breeding harris hawks...more money in them sure!

I'll be honest Stop End, I only read the first bit of your post as life's too short and all that.

Using a bait to draw a fox towards a snare is common practice. On a bigger scale with a few snares it's called a Midden ( I think) but I regularly do it.

How come the badger (the one that climbed up the wire and attacked you) didn't go out the hole it got in ?

Do you reckon that's the mother of the cubs. She's in good fettle so. Any vixens I seen lately looked wretched.

yes its most definately the mother to the cub. ive only seen the one as yet. like i said earlier there are at least three adults in attendance . the earth is well padded and i expect to see at least another one or two. :thumbs: .

• Like 1