Im pretty sure foxes do not have second litters ,may be wrong but i would say they are only capable of ensuring one litter makes it through however early they are born .Oestrus in vixens is triggered by short daylight hours i believe so would not happen this side of christmas .Neither do dogs come in straight away after a litter or ferrets or any other carnivore .Fairy tales are nice but facts are better

I BEG TOO DIFFER THERE FOX DROPPER I HAD TWO LITTERS FORM TWO JILLS LAST SEASON , AND MY MATES PAT CAME STRAIGHT BACK INN AFTER PUPS , IM NO LIAR SO EXPLAIN YOUR THEORY

• Like 1

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripod. a local dog fox with one of his cubs at the earth. he was a cripple and still helped the vixen feed the cubs. along with a cub from the previous year. ive watch these foxes for generations and

I really cannot believe that you didnt know the dog is involved in the up bringing of cubs FD but you dont seem convinced ....as for the dog only being vocal during the rut I can guarentee you he will

great too see hunters respecting what they hunt and ive learnt something from this thread , think we need too be open minded about things , and its true believe what you see and sometimes if that's al

Posted Images

Im pretty sure foxes do not have second litters ,may be wrong but i would say they are only capable of ensuring one litter makes it through however early they are born .Oestrus in vixens is triggered by short daylight hours i believe so would not happen this side of christmas .Neither do dogs come in straight away after a litter or ferrets or any other carnivore .Fairy tales are nice but facts are better

I BEG TOO DIFFER THERE FOX DROPPER I HAD TWO LITTERS FORM TWO JILLS LAST SEASON , AND MY MATES PAT CAME STRAIGHT BACK INN AFTER PUPS , IM NO LIAR SO EXPLAIN YOUR THEORY

The two litters from ferrets is impossible mate but not one to argue so crack on .

Vixens struggle to raise one litter during the summer never mind two

My opinion and experience is the summer is to short for her to raise two

Ive watched vixens fetch food to big cubs the same size if not bigger than her

So where would she have the time to mate again and suckle smaller cubs

Facts are facts make of it what you want

Exactly mate .I too have seen cubs bothering a vixen when well grown over food .Also Oestrus is only brought about by shortened daylight hours which is why foxes rut in winter to birth in spring .

Got to agree with you woods. Vixen will tolerate dog fox for food only, she is very aggressive towards him if he ventures close to her or the cubs

Interesting you say that mate .Of all the dens ive watched over the years ive never seen a dog approach with food or have anything to do with the cubs which lead me to believe the dog plays no part in the rearing of them .This season i am going all out to prove or disprove this with trail cams ive just bought .Finding a litter thats not in mortal danger in these parts is tricky though .

• Like 1

I like that FD be interesting too see the outcome, i also believe that barren vixens also play a part in raising the cubs bringing food, I think it could be a litter sister thus the vixen will allow this. Hope you do get around to doing this with trail cams sometime in the future call it something like "foxwatch with FD" lol

The two litters from ferrets is impossible mate but not one to argue so crack on .

I don't understand this as my jills regularly have 2 litters each and never thought it unusual,my hobs are left in until they are too much hassle for the jills, WM

I don't understand this as my jills regularly have 2 litters each and never thought it unusual,my hobs are left in until they are too much hassle for the jills, WM

I know for fact my jills had two litters each a season , straight after ........im not saying its impossible for any animal

thl experts at its best yet again on there own expertise

must be a miracle ,.......jump on the band wagon brigade lol

• Like 1

I like that FD be interesting too see the outcome, i also believe that barren vixens also play a part in raising the cubs bringing food, I think it could be a litter sister thus the vixen will allow this. Hope you do get around to doing this with trail cams sometime in the future call it something like "foxwatch with FD" lol

I delt with a vixen and cubs last year and a small barren vixen was shot that night by the keeper carrying a half eaten rabbit to the earth,she still had the rabbit clamped in her jaws when i saw her the next mmorning.She was not the dam of the cubs 100% as she showed no sign of cubbing herself but was deffo dropping off the rabbit for the cubs when she was shot...