Vets Against Micro Chipping..

So In the history of performing this procedure over years and years on Millions of dogs the Daily Mail has managed to conclude that all of a sudden this is a dangerous procedure because of the following:

1. In 2009, a Yorkshire terrier named Scotty developed epitheliotropic lymphoma at the site of his microchip implant, and died

2. In the same year, a Chihuahua named Charlie Brown died within hours of being chipped.

3. And in October 2010, a lawsuit was filed in the U.S. by Andrea Rutherford against Merck Sharp & Dohme and Digital Angel Inc. because her cat, Bulkin, developed cancer at the site of his microchip.

Three tragedies in the history of the procedure? Personally I don't think that it's anything to worry about and the Daily Mail are just trying to cause trouble.

This is an exceptionally weak story from the daily mail if you ask me!

• Like 4

It should be a choice not a must same goes for neutering

just another big brother i think. If my dog was stolen could the thief cut out the micro chip? I spoke to a bloke yesterday who told me you can feel them.

They are preparing you for when they want to chip humans

They are already trying in the US

you are right there mate. Point is without our co operation it cannot succeed. What they want from dog owners now is Whilst youre getting it jabbed,have its knackers off,pay through the nose for insurance so at least two more people can make profit from your dog,and now micro chips which will get someone else a profit.

They are preparing you for when they want to chip humans

They are already trying in the US

I believe this might me be used instead of a passport in humans also would help with border control if humans can be scanned like dogs . And please don't doubt this. as I have had to just explain to my neighbour who is almost 85 years old that two men can have a civil partnership after him hearing about this and thinking it was a wind up !
  • Like 1