Plummer Cross Bedlington Terrier

Alright Folks, I've never owned any terriers myself, and as my mate has lined his Plummer bitch with a working bred Beddy, was wondering if many people would be interested in this cross. My thoughts are they might make canny knock about dogs for ratting, and flushing for the lurchers etc, anyone seen this cross before or have any thoughts what they could offer ? Cheers

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Him asking if the bitch had taken, an you half naked in a mounted position made me drop me buiscut in me tea

three quarter bred,quarter gary middleton bred Lakeland..hard but sickly bitch..

No problem Bosun.

Posted Images

It's only a fiver lol just pay it and get pics up lol are either parents a show winner? Wanna get that in before you stick a price up lollol

Let's hope Morton an wirralman don't see this tho as there will be a serious argument about who brings what to the litter lol never mind what price should be lol

I have bred every type of hybrid except this one so its lets wait and see what the pups are like, I would think that a few would carry the red colour but their coats will be interesting,you may well get a long linty coat, I suppose it depends on how the parents were bred,on the Plummer side it depends on if its "NEW" blood with plenty of bull or "OLD" blood from poor lines, a bit more info or pics would be nice, I would think the beddy would add leg to what can already be a leggy type, suck it and see is the answer,WM

Plummer/Patt I bred my brother

• Like 5

What was his original idea behind the lining LPD. Is the Beddy an earth dog?

I don't know what the idea was mate, it all come as a surprise to me, the dogs are'nt workers, I just wondered if they would be likely to be of any use at all, not trying to find homes for the pups (that is if the bitch has even taken), these are nothing to do with me. Like I've already said I don't keep terriers, know nothing about them, I enjoy reading a bit on here about the terriers though, and just wanted to ask if this cross had been tried by anyone before ?
  • Like 1

I don't know what the idea was mate, it all come as a surprise to me, the dogs are'nt workers, I just wondered if they would be likely to be of any use at all, not trying to find homes for the pups (that is if the bitch has even taken), these are nothing to do with me. Like I've already said I don't keep terriers, know nothing about them, I enjoy reading a bit on here about the terriers though, and just wanted to ask if this cross had been tried by anyone before ?

I would stay well clear if either has seen no work, sounds like an accident anyway,WM

Like This

Plucky1

Today, 11:00 PM

I would stay well clear if either has seen no work, sounds like an accident anyway,WM

Mole wrote

That will be most Plummers then. Pmsl.

• Like 2

Like This

Plucky1

Today, 11:00 PM

Mole wrote

That will be most Plummers then. Pmsl.

What if the said Plummer put her paw on your hand behind a closed door ?

Alright Folks, I've never owned any terriers myself, and as my mate has lined his Plummer bitch with a working bred Beddy, was wondering if many people would be interested in this cross. My thoughts are they might make canny knock about dogs for ratting, and flushing for the lurchers etc, anyone seen this cross before or have any thoughts what they could offer ? Cheers

never seen the cross before,dont want to see the cross,what are they called "Plumbed terriers"

A Plummer x Pat would be black, black is always dominant

I've been asked several times why I've not produced a choc ,red dog out of NS stuff and the answer is as above .20 odd years of breeding blacks has established a strong gene that even in its 7th generation to NS origin has not been diluted .

• Like 1

It's only a fiver lol just pay it and get pics up lol are either parents a show winner? Wanna get that in before you stick a price up lollol

Let's hope Morton an wirralman don't see this tho as there will be a serious argument about who brings what to the litter lol never mind what price should be lol

I have bred every type of hybrid except this one so its lets wait and see what the pups are like, I would think that a few would carry the red colour but their coats will be interesting,you may well get a long linty coat, I suppose it depends on how the parents were bred,on the Plummer side it depends on if its "NEW" blood with plenty of bull or "OLD" blood from poor lines, a bit more info or pics would be nice, I would think the beddy would add leg to what can already be a leggy type, suck it and see is the answer,WM

attachicon.gifDSCN0406.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN1144.JPG

You sure WM? F1 Plummer/Patt would be self coloured red or black depending on the colour of the patt. Self colour and black are both dominant.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifDSCN0406.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN1144.JPG

You sure WM? F1 Plummer/Patt would be self coloured red or black depending on the colour of the patt. Self colour and black are both dominant.

Everyone is an expert on here and yet as said I have bred loads of different Plummer / Patts litters, I have bred every cross imaginable to get to where I wanted many times, many get fooled by what the eyes see (phenotype) and not what the terrier is carrying in its genes (genotype), thats why you start with the best stock of known history and not what you can see, scatterbreds although very good as a one off will often produce rubbish when mated to other scatterbreds, here's a pic of one litter of Plummer / Patts,like liquorice all sorts, I have pics of every litter I've ever bred going back to 1979,you'd be surprised at what can come out,as I said,suck it and see,you cannot predict from what you can physically see, wives have been divorced for giving birth to a dark skinned child and yet have never been unfaithful,genes can jump 2 generations, LOL's, WM

Edited by Plucky1
  • Like 4

No expert but I do have a basic grasp of mendels law of segregation. If an animal carries one dominant gene,it will display that genotype. Self colour is dominant. Unless the patt has recessives from other breeds,eg russell,so not pure patt.

• Like 2