Philip King

He had a wheaten called Rambo or rocky if I remember right lined about 50 bitches on his yard and killed bout the same amount of terriers as well

He had a wheaten called rocky and a wheaten cross called rambo .I dont think either ever killed a dog .They were put to a few bitches rambo was put to a couple of greyhounds.I had a pup of one of them not a hare dog but rabbit fox or some thing rougher no problem.Ted was put to a couple of wheaten bitches and one lucher bitch.Theirs a man on here had a pup of a son of rocky to a greyhound some people say he was a good hare dog.

Border Lad. Yes I can just remember Tom Mason. We had heard great things about his Tucker dog and were invited to go and watch it run. A big hairy animal if it was the same dog and Tom was a wiry sort of bloke.

Tucker was another dog who could be stopped in his tracks off the lead when hares were running around all over the place.

We only went out with Tucker and Tom twice. The first morning Tom was very edgy (nice enough fella though) and would hardly step inside of a field he just jumped Tucker over the gate, hares were getting up maybe 50 yards away and Tucker would be looking at Tom for the go ahead. Tom never gave him the go ahead so we never got a run. I was totally amazed I had never seen anyone have such control over a dog. The second morning we ran a couple but he never caught one. I think he may have picked a few rabbits up as a token gesture. At the time Tom was said to be running Tucker for big money on best out of 3 daytime hares. If I had been a gambling man (or had any money to gamble with) I would have taken him on with my little dog.

Tucker looked like the kind of dog who needed to run with a faster dog to compliment his style.

Sorry to go off topic.

Is Tom Mason n Tiger Mason the same man ? Got to be same family I'd think at least atb.

He had a wheaten called Rambo or rocky if I remember right lined about 50 bitches on his yard and killed bout the same amount of terriers as well

He had a wheaten called rocky and a wheaten cross called rambo .I dont think either ever killed a dog .They were put to a few bitches rambo was put to a couple of greyhounds.I had a pup of one of them not a hare dog but rabbit fox or some thing rougher no problem.Ted was put to a couple of wheaten bitches and one lucher bitch.Theirs a man on here had a pup of a son of rocky to a greyhound some people say he was a good hare dog.
I was there 30 years ago and he had a wheaten chained to the ground and every other dog terrier and lurcher knew how near they could get within safety of the chain and 1 day he moved the dog over a few feet to move a trough and the next day there was 3 dead terriers around it but yes I am exagurating to say 50 but I for a fact he was bred to a lot of bitches because I had pups out of 3 different bitches he was put over and that was to terriers never mind lurchers

Border Lad. Yes I can just remember Tom Mason. We had heard great things about his Tucker dog and were invited to go and watch it run. A big hairy animal if it was the same dog and Tom was a wiry sort of bloke.

Tucker was another dog who could be stopped in his tracks off the lead when hares were running around all over the place.

We only went out with Tucker and Tom twice. The first morning Tom was very edgy (nice enough fella though) and would hardly step inside of a field he just jumped Tucker over the gate, hares were getting up maybe 50 yards away and Tucker would be looking at Tom for the go ahead. Tom never gave him the go ahead so we never got a run. I was totally amazed I had never seen anyone have such control over a dog. The second morning we ran a couple but he never caught one. I think he may have picked a few rabbits up as a token gesture. At the time Tom was said to be running Tucker for big money on best out of 3 daytime hares. If I had been a gambling man (or had any money to gamble with) I would have taken him on with my little dog.

Tucker looked like the kind of dog who needed to run with a faster dog to compliment his style.

Sorry to go off topic.

Is Tom Mason n Tiger Mason the same man ? Got to be same family I'd think at least atb.

RedQuil. From the same family as Tiger but Tom was much older. Tom seemed to be a different kettle of fish to Tiger but who can tell !! Both keen dog men. I think they sometimes called themselves Watsons, depending on where they were at!

Heard few good things about the fast up and at em coursing dogs bred with terrier in them in Ireland, I'd like to try one if any were about

They are great dogs mate, wish my 13 year old was 2 again

Got couple Irish mates and they swear by em, always fancied trying one over here see what they can do

Real tight runners, see a lot of action with them, they can do well on the smaller land, hill farms etc

I was there 30 years ago and he had a wheaten chained to the ground and every other dog terrier and lurcher knew how near they could get within safety of the chain and 1 day he moved the dog over a few feet to move a trough and the next day there was 3 dead terriers around it but yes I am exagurating to say 50 but I for a fact he was bred to a lot of bitches because I had pups out of 3 different bitches he was put over and that was to terriers never mind lurchers

That was rocky your right he brought him in .He had to get rid of him he was two rough. He was not put on lurcher bitches he had another wheaten called ted he was off rocky a very gentle dog he was.Thats the wheaten im talking about.

I can remember late 80s early 90 buying a couple of fell pups of Philip and a mate of mine bought a pup from the wheaten whome Philip called Rambo,big strong dog,the pup was wheatenxEB,he also had the EB bitch on his yard,bitch that was well worked by the looks of her.I also bought an irish terrierxgh of him that was a good dog on fox and bigger stuff and seen a few more that he bred that could do what they were bred for.

• Like 3

I turned up at his house late one night and when we pulled on our headlights lit up the yard there must of been 50 rats lit up haha there was dogs of all shapes and sizes running about crazed trying to kill them. Think we split three fights up that night wasn't wat we needed after a long slog from England but we still laugh about it now

Heard few good things about the fast up and at em coursing dogs bred with terrier in them in Ireland, I'd like to try one if any were about

They are great dogs mate, wish my 13 year old was 2 again

Got couple Irish mates and they swear by em, always fancied trying one over here see what they can do

Real tight runners, see a lot of action with them, they can do well on the smaller land, hill farms etc

Pick me up a bitch pup when you go to get yourself one lol

You'll not have time once you get your trio of plummer beddy pups lolol

I'd rather not have a mass produced pup out of Internet legends lol but I'd try one out have best dogs bred so breeder can keep a pup

ah if i use caps dog on my bitch next year il give you bitch pup
This thread has had me thinking about Caps dogs, only tight runners will do for Cap
  • Like 1