A Tartan Topic..

Nearly came hugely unstuck in Skye last year,

Fair.play taking the dogs up Andy lad, no way could I he bothered keeping an eye out for them up the top of that

I was up Skye last year mate,I loved it there,defo going back soon lol..was it the big boys that caused you to almost come unstuck? I seen plenty up there

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My eldest lad Jamie (Frankel) had a day off work today so we had ourselves a 400 mile drive & a walk which would kill many a man lol (that ain't a lie either) haha..holy shit it was "severe" hard

Good graft up there today. Really pleased with my pup and how she's coming along. Seen some class wildlife. Here's a couple pics I took. Not sure if one will work has it's a panoramic of my phone.

Thanks King ? ..i love Scotland Mackay,it's an amazing place,i certainly intend to put my footprints on as much of it as i can whilst im able..i aint even got a passport & feel no need to get one

Posted Images

We came down off the tops and the snow gave in around us leaving us on an island of snow with a good three hundred ft slip straight.

Belayed across to a ridge and with the dog shouldered, scrambled down a loose shale face in the dark and had an eleven mile walk back to the motor

The things we do

• Like 2

Helvellyn is my favourite place on earth

I have a huge framed photo of thehill.on my living room wall.

What Andy says is so true, it took me three attempts to do striding edge in a blizzard

And a Scottish winter is worse than the alps!!!!!

Many people assume in this small island you cant die or the rescue will he half an hour,

Complacency kills in the hill

• Like 3

What Andy says is so true, it took me three attempts to do striding edge in a blizzard

Many people assume in this small island you cant die or the rescue will he half an hour,

I soon learned how dangerous places like Helvellyn can be, went up one burning hot summers day, then the freezing fog came out of nowhere when we were on the summit, think that was in July, must be a savage place to be on a harsh winters day
  • Like 1

I soon learned how dangerous places like Helvellyn can be, went up one burning hot summers day, then the freezing fog came out of nowhere when we were on the summit, think that was in July, must be a savage place to be on a harsh winters day

There not as bad as people make them out to be. I live in these hills and spend most my time up the fells and have never come into any trouble apart from falling in a river and breaking my tail bone once but even then i manged to walk 4 mile back to the van.

It did take me a few hours to do it though and a few funny looks from walkers as i hobbled past them looking as if i had been sodomized by man dingo lol

• Like 4

Can't take these Cumbrian fells for granted, need to always be equipped and ready. Even on the warm days, for sunburn and heat stroke. I learnt that lesson last year climbing dale head via cat bells & high spy,,,, the day didn't even feel warm, I got half way and realise I was burning. When I got home I was Blistered and had sun stroke. Was a 12 mile walk all together.

4AE66BC7-48A9-4FF2-810A-59F929E4F335_zps

• Like 5

Yeh I did helvelin on a summers day 25 year ago,,,went up in shorts as it was that hot,,,by f**k was that a mistake,,,I was shaking at the top,,,it was that bloody cold,,only spent a few mins up there,,,mind I still came down striding edge

• Like 2

Aye striding edge is mint...

I went up to red tarn and up swirel edge and down striding edge. .

Was red hot April /May but there was still snow at the top and a few hundred people lol..

• Like 1