Lurcher Club

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was two but I for one just got fed up with the utter childishness of the whole thing. What was intended to do something positive got dragged into the playground of childish personalities, jealou

Well what should the club of done already ? Should they have got the ban repealed already?   Why not join the club and help out rather than sit behind a computer knocking them

From what I have seen so far, they have raised the profile of Lurcher and Longdog owners with the countryside alliance. So now after many years of being ignored, they actually have someone to listen t

Theve been out ferreting with tim bonner mate, didnt you know, :)

Il get me coat.

think I will keep my membership fee and have a few pints be better spent ??

Well what should the club of done already ? Should they have got the ban repealed already?

Why not join the club and help out rather than sit behind a computer knocking them

• Like 6

If everyone thought like that Scottish lurcher and buried their heads in the sand then nothing will ever be done. Things are only going to get worse if the ban doesn't get lifted or at least amended. For the sake of a few pints surely it's worth a go. Rome wasn't built in a day so at least give them a chance.

• Like 1

If everyone thought like that Scottish lurcher and buried their heads in the sand then nothing will ever be done. Things are only going to get worse if the ban doesn't get lifted or at least amended. For the sake of a few pints surely it's worth a go. Rome wasn't built in a day so at least give them a chance.

Allan i have asked what they have done till this point and only thing that has came up is a days ferreting with tim bonner no one has been able to tell me anymore , Allan do think a days ferreting will help get the ban repealed ? Or do you think more should be done ??

The AWL has been set up to try and raise the profile of lurchers and lurcher owners. Tim Bonner is the chief executive of the CA who are fighting to try and get the ban lifted or at least amended. i don't know for sure but I would say there was a lot of talking and business getting done that day and raising the profile of lurcher work to the main man of the CA..Of course more can be done and I hope will be done and the more people who join will help things move forward. You can join the AWL for £12 and have your say. Remember the AWL is still in its infancy so give it a chance to get things moving. Surely the more people who join the better and more people means more ideas and to spread the word we are not all blood thirsty killers but just people who enjoy getting out about with our dogs.

• Like 1

The AWL has been set up to try and raise the profile of lurchers and lurcher owners. Tim Bonner is the chief executive of the CA who are fighting to try and get the ban lifted or at least amended. i don't know for sure but I would say there was a lot of talking and business getting done that day and raising the profile of lurcher work to the main man of the CA..Of course more can be done and I hope will be done and the more people who join will help things move forward. You can join the AWL for £12 and have your say. Remember the AWL is still in its infancy so give it a chance to get things moving. Surely the more people who join the better and more people means more ideas and to spread the word we are not all blood thirsty killers but just people who enjoy getting out about with our dogs.

sounds good but what are they doing to raise the profile of it as iam sure any one thinking of joining would like to know . As I just keep hearing this but know one is willing to say how they move on and do this or iam wrong to ask should I just pay my money and say nothing ? I am not picking at what guys are trying to do just asking how they expect to move forward !!

From what I have seen so far, they have raised the profile of Lurcher and Longdog owners with the countryside alliance. So now after many years of being ignored, they actually have someone to listen to what L/L owners have to say.

Have shown that the majority of L/L owners are not like the facebook freaks. They have a code of conduct in place which is all within the law as it stands. Everyone would like to see the ban overturned, but that is not going to happen without representation for L/L by the people who are making the representations to overturn or amend the act.

Getting amendments to the hunting act is fraught with pitfalls mostly political, we all know this. To have the ear of a lobbyist such as the CA is so invaluable to lurcher work as a whole, if we are to move forwards from the injustice that is the hunting act.

I would say in the short time they have been going they are making the right noises in the right places.

BTW I am not a member.

TC

• Like 3

As well as what TC says there is a Website , Twitter and Facebook accounts. A lot of damage has been done to lurcher work through social media but it can be used to promote it as well. SL join up and voice your opinion that's what it is about. The more people join the more ammunition the CA have to fight.

• Like 1

Thanks for positive posts guys..

I can say the AWL are networking and contacting agencies and various/multiple sectors weekly sometimes daily..

Many calls, letters and emails are being sent.

Things obviously don't move at the pace we want at times..

To say it's been challenging is a understatement lol..

Sir Jonny Scott the AWL president has attended the council of hunting and represented our cause and is making sure we are equally represented in any formal discussions.

Sir Jonny Scott is very much a key players in our work and his conceptions and conextions have be invaluable.

Some of the ground that's been made is not ground braking, however it's going in the right direction..

The CA are demonstrating their support of legal lurcher work with Tim having a walk out with our members and the CA have plugged a few of our articles and photography,which has been positively recived by the wider feildsports community.

There are a few more irons in the fire and it's only fair,to see what's what, before we broadcast any further information and obviously we'd like any information to be filtered through the members firstly.

There is some discussions about competitive trails however this is very much at the drawing board stage..

We hopefully will have some interesting topics coming up on the Awll.co.uk site about nutrition and supplements.

The show seasons here now and we hope the AWL will be attending as many shows as we can..

We are very open to suggestions and support from intrested parties and all feedback is welcomed.

This forum and others are great for sharing ideas and thoughts..

Many Thanks Giro

• Like 2

Theve been out ferreting with tim bonner mate, didnt you know, :)

Il get me coat.

think I will keep my membership fee and have a few pints be better spent

I would have thought You would have a vested interest at this time S L

Given the fact that Senior Judge Lord Bonomy is leading a review into the operation of the protection of wild mammals ( Scotland) Act 2002.

The aim of the review is to ensure current legislation is providing the necessary level of protection to foxes and other wild mammals, while at the same time allowing effective and humane control of these animals where needed.

All submissions had to be handed in by the end of March.

Our Scottish members are upto speed.

If You have chosen to spend Your money on a few pints, that remains Your choice.

Good Hunting.