Collie Grey Bull Grey Or Bull Grey Sal Grey

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

these aremy to collie bull grey av yet to see any sal over here that would suit me but i dont run hares if i did id say a touch of sal would be more suited

cant repil to every one ill be here all night the way i spell and have to read it back a dozon times lol.look up iv trid to right i repli to you for 20 minits jest done no were to start saw the best i

Another one who thinks you need to be years old to be successful at slipping a dog on moving quarry.   You could be a successful Olympic boxer at 20, gold medalist swimmer, you could be graduating

Posted Images

This pup here is Grey/Bull/Sal

Been a pleasure so far to own, every dogs different though as they say you pay your money you take your chance.

Been watching a very good Bull X work over the last 7 years or so, owned by a good mate and we'll get out together regularly every season, he's looking for the right bitch to breed off, be interesting to see which way he goes.

• Like 1

When I had my saluki crosses before I joined thl,they were typical of what you heard,selective hearing,high prey drive,sods to break to sheep.

But seeing what people have done with them on here, do you reckon better saluki stock has been brought into the uk since then,or do we have a better understanding of them now.

• Like 1

Is it ture about the salukis shit recall or is it just lazy people who can't be bothered putting in the time???

i find most the problems ARE from lazy owners. you give them what they want and work them hard enough physically then they are very biddable. mine will work lamp off slip jump gates or fences and wait to be leaded back up. in the day she will range but give her a whistle and she straight back recall is spot on. nigh on all my salls have been this way but i work them hard and give them time behind the quad. if i dont then the same animal will start looking for what they needs and then problems will start. i find out of season hardest part of looking after sals as you cant give them the same drive release or energy release as in season. so its every day behind the quad and do best i can untill season
  • Like 2

One thing I've learnt off this forum, if/when I take a litter from one of mine, I won't announce the plans on here

Why anyone feels they need to tell the world on these forums what they get up always amazes me...

I think it's because it's nice when like minded folk have got an interest in what you are doing. They ask questions and offer ideas etc. But you often get more negative responses than positive on here, regardless of what you are doing or how you are doing it.

:hmm:This is the nature of the Beast,..t'Internet... :laugh:

It is great to be around like-minded souls,..just as long as they truly are, like-minded and not simply critics....Breeding from seemingly, untested young canines , has always been a contentious subject and in an ideal world, we would all choose to up our odds and try to go for a definite winning combo....Sadly, in the real world, life ain't like that....

You can lose,..way before, you choose,..and I've learn't to go with a gut feeling when breeding lurchers...If you have faith in the end result,..then bite the bullet, go for it and be damned... :thumbs:

I learn't, five decades ago,.that what a man chooses to keep,.or wishes to hunt,.is entirely a matter for his own conscience...he has to feed the critter,...end of story...

By the same token, it is comforting to know, that good advice is readily available on Hunting Forums,...and the fact is,..what with all the literature, DVD's and well documented knowledge, that is free of charge nowadays, there really is no excuse for being a c**t... :thumbs:

What about the poor c**ts that buy the rest of the litter on your gut feeling. when breeding I think you have to put the best to the best and hope for the best.

trev this litter as got nout to do with gut feelings its been done buy both over and over again in front of my owen eyes in 3 difrent countys and a few ilands as well.well im glad you have bread best to best mate and hope you got the best out of that.i could never say the words iv got the best cos i aint they are jest very handy dogs that do every thing i need i do bilev you have good dogs and im happy for you.best thing i can do is offer to come out with you and show you the pup run no comps and all that crap jest me my pup doing is thing it would be nice to see you dog do his thing to but i think we both like difrent things i like rabbits you like rats :victory:

:D lost me with the rats.

When I had my saluki crosses before I joined thl,they were typical of what you heard,selective hearing,high prey drive,sods to break to sheep.

But seeing what people have done with them on here, do you reckon better saluki stock has been brought into the uk since then,or do we have a better understanding of them now.

i think a lot is down to what you do with them and how you treat them but i could be rong on that mine is salgreyxbullgrey so a lot of his good points could come from the other breeds like iv never had a sal or evan a sal grey mate

I would cull what you dont keep yourself. You are breeding for youself for your own strain,so keep it that way.

you mite.i mite not you trid keeping a strain a line call it what you will buy jest keeping one pup from a litter.

Better than letting others keep them for you.

• Like 1

I would cull what you dont keep yourself. You are breeding for youself for your own strain,so keep it that way.

you mite.i mite not you trid keeping a strain a line call it what you will buy jest keeping one pup from a litter.

Better than letting others keep them for you.

they not keeping them for me but if it all works out you now were they are to carry on the same stuff but i can tell by your repli thats im wasting my time.

This dog has saluki and collie in his make up thrown more to the bull in looks and temperament and gaminess and whippet in size.

As for breeding a dog so young it would have to have to be something special or a dog I thought would end up killing its self but each to there own there is no right or wrong you do what you have to do if after the breeding and pups turn out shite you can learn from this ??

post-70168-0-70264000-1459524063_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

why didnt you want to use the stud dogs which were offered to you ... Razor and the over one... Them dogs have bags more of experience in the field ..)...and they have been tested time and time agian ....I just can't rap my head around it...your dog is half razor on paper anyway ..was it the bull you wanted to add to the pups...atb

why didnt you want to use the stud dogs which were offered to you ... Razor and the over one... Them dogs have bags more of experience in the field ..)...and they have been tested time and time agian ....I just can't rap my head around it...your dog is half razor on paper anyway ..was it the bull you wanted to add to the pups...atb

thort it would not be long for the names to pop up lol.ill put a pic of my pup up after for you doing what he dose best ill post it here for all to see but it will not be on here long so keep a eye out mate and you will under stand fully and get your head round it.atb