Bear Grylls "the Island"

They might be hungry food-wise, but they aren't hungry to survive. It must take the edge off your survival instinct to know that Channel 4 aren't going to let you die on their program and you can just give up and get taken to an air conditioned hotel whenever you want - like that bloke last night. How could he just give up when there's women there who can manage to cope?

Last night was only the 2nd episode I've watched, but is it me being cynical or is a lot of it staged? They found some rope and couldn't make a net. Then they "found" a whole net as if by magic,. Then just as the net looks empty, there was a shark hanging there by its tail? Might be real but... :hmm:

Not cynical... Realistic.

Bear Grylls says at the start he has provided them with all they need to survive so I assume that things like that net are planted there to give them a chance.

I think they put fowl and pigs on the island too.

The program is more about the choices they make for me and the consequences than their survival abilities. Before the program starts you know they wouldn't stand a f***ing chance if left to fend for themselves.

Edited by Hydropotesinermis
  • Like 1

Made me laugh when the muslim blamed having to look at the bikini clad girls for having to leave.

Maybe they could have made some burka"s out of palm leaves.

He described them as half naked,he must have known bikinis were everyday clothing,i am surprised he never imposed sharia or at least made a half hearted attempt at stoning them,a poor choice for a "reality" show,as walshie said the knowledge that you can be boated off the island whenever you want gives it an illusion of reality.
  • Like 2

The whole thing is about survival and they keep walking around the rock face when the tide is coming in??? There was a clip right at the end of a lad falling which is next weeks programme, Im surprised it has taken this long.

Ive only seen two, but I do quite enjoy it though.

Made me laugh when the muslim blamed having to look at the bikini clad girls for having to leave.

Maybe they could have made some burka"s out of palm leaves.

He described them as half naked,he must have known bikinis were everyday clothing,i am surprised he never imposed sharia or at least made a half hearted attempt at stoning them,a poor choice for a "reality" show,as walshie said the knowledge that you can be boated off the island whenever you want gives it an illusion of reality.

No, he was on his own. Them cnuts need to build up in numbers and have the victim status carved in stone before they will play up

• 3 weeks later...

i enjoyed that program to bad its over, now telle goes off till next season :laugh:

Fear not good sir,last night they were looking for contestants for the next one,and he has done an island with american men,the cayman was killed with a bear grylls knife,bear turned up to lift them from the beach in his bear grylls range of clothing,i am surprised erikas bra didnt have B and G embossed across her munificent mammaries,and to cap it all i was looking at paramotor prices a few weeks back and he is selling bear grylls paramotors with BG all over the wings,is there anything he isnt into?

i enjoyed that program to bad its over, now telle goes off till next season :laugh:

Fear not good sir,last night they were looking for contestants for the next one,and he has done an island with american men,the cayman was killed with a bear grylls knife,bear turned up to lift them from the beach in his bear grylls range of clothing,i am surprised erikas bra didnt have B and G embossed across her munificent mammaries,and to cap it all i was looking at paramotor prices a few weeks back and he is selling bear grylls paramotors with BG all over the wings,is there anything he isnt into?
All the gear .... :laugh:
  • Like 2

They could make it more interesting by stranding them for an unspecified time - like one of those "its over when you're told it's over" military exercises.

That way they would have to plan more long-term, rather than just "stick it out" for a set period of time, which is what they seem to do.

He's definitely not into sleeping in a tent !

There will be droves of em next year all frozen to death in there BG gear and all will have the standard issue BG sparkly fire lighter stick clutched in there frozen mitts :laugh: