Harrier Or Foxhound

i cant understand people who expect foxhounds to be better to draw than harriers, if your harriers aint drawing then you have the wrong type. Nothing wrong with a mixed pack, i seen lads in open country hunt terriers with fell hounds and foxhounds and the terriers were up to them to go to ground when it ran in, believe me beagles will be there or thereabouts when hunting with foxhounds.

having seen some good fell hounds on open country and farmland i would be stunned if a terrier kept up for any length of time,

then stunned you would be ................lot of the good fell packs used to do it
christ they must be slow hounds ,we have a pack of beagles and beagle x harriers and a terrier can't even keep up with them

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My small pack.mostly beagles.have a few terriers aswell.only hunting fox.

So you're just making stuff up to make your point?   Things are done very differently in Ireland. It's legal for a start. Maybe that's because we do things differently? Maybe it's legal because we h

It's ridiculous to compare alot of packs. Each pack and each country is a whole world apart. I think you can only judge a pack once you take into account it's country, availability of quarry, resource

Posted Images

i cant understand people who expect foxhounds to be better to draw than harriers, if your harriers aint drawing then you have the wrong type. Nothing wrong with a mixed pack, i seen lads in open country hunt terriers with fell hounds and foxhounds and the terriers were up to them to go to ground when it ran in, believe me beagles will be there or thereabouts when hunting with foxhounds.

having seen some good fell hounds on open country and farmland i would be stunned if a terrier kept up for any length of time,

then stunned you would be ................lot of the good fell packs used to do it
christ they must be slow hounds ,we have a pack of beagles and beagle x harriers and a terrier can't even keep up with them

what do yas hunt with your pack, fox or hare ?

We only have two or three that will mark properly pal unfortunately . A few will go up the earth and dig on but only a few will mark properly . Marking dogs are worth their weight in gold down here . We dug a good few last season in fairness considering we only got the pack together the last two seasons

We only have two or three that will mark properly pal unfortunately . A few will go up the earth and dig on but only a few will mark properly . Marking dogs are worth their weight in gold down here . We dug a good few last season in fairness considering we only got the pack together the last two seasons

which do you find better to mark or better to hunt, the beagle or harrier x beagle ?

what breeding is in the boy in the picture?

Edited by harrier

Id say harrier x beagle pal but the dogs we have marking have a touch of terrier in them too , there scatter bred if ye get me .touch of terrier and springer along with beagle harrier .A mate of mine has full harriers and. They are deadly to mark in fairness

A lot of packs use a foxhound or two for marking down here but I've tried them and they just wouldn't draw the cover well so I couldn't condone keeping them pal , what do you keep yourself pal

all harriers for hare, i laugh sometimes when i hear lads saying that foxhounds are better to draw and find than harriers.

• Like 1