Selling False Breeding

Since it's Sunday and phone rates are cheap a few people in the UK could ring that number maybe? Might be interesting.

Why would you want to do that mate? he is hardly stealing the crown jewels at £100 a pup. How many people do think really know the breeding of there pup??? Half the KC papered dogs are made up.

Why would you believe anybody when they give you breeding. Usually you are told what you want to believe. The only way to know is breed it yourself. This lad is probably just a bit desperate to get rid.

Have a bit of compassion,you dont need to whip up an angry mob.

I see what you're saying but it's not about the money. To my mind it's about someone wasting a year of their life on a lie, but fair enough, I'm not into angry mobs :D .

I know your not,but really who on here can say they know whats in there breeding really? I fyou want to be really ripped off,go and spend 5 or 600 quid on a Spaniel or Lab with so called 40 chps in pedigree...Its no more believable than gumtree thats for sure.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been told my number has been put on here relating to an ad for lurchers so I thought I would come on and clear things up. I do not have a litter of lurcher pups for sale, never will have as I o

The fact there's roasted knuckles thrown down in there,and the pups all looked hunched up or pot bellied to me,(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) I'm overdue a eye test! I wouldn't even bothered

hes not in a hurry to buy,hes also rang a chap in Northern Ireland and hes looked at a litter in another part of Ireland,he wants to have a pup before june so he can spend time with it over the summer

Since it's Sunday and phone rates are cheap a few people in the UK could ring that number maybe? Might be interesting.

Why would you want to do that mate? he is hardly stealing the crown jewels at £100 a pup. How many people do think really know the breeding of there pup??? Half the KC papered dogs are made up.

Why would you believe anybody when they give you breeding. Usually you are told what you want to believe. The only way to know is breed it yourself. This lad is probably just a bit desperate to get rid.

I see what you're saying but it's not about the money. To my mind it's about someone wasting a year of their life on a lie, but fair enough, I'm not into angry mobs :D .

I know your not,but really who on here can say they know whats in there breeding really? I fyou want to be really ripped off,go and spend 5 or 600 quid on a Spaniel or Lab with so called 40 chps in pedigree...Its no more believable than gumtree thats for sure.

IMO Jigsaws mate would do better to have some patience and look at a few litters here in Ireland. There's plenty of rubbish bred here but at least he could go see the parents without spending money on flights/ferries and if things didn't ring true it's only a bit of diesel gone. I can't understand people who have pups sent over on the transporter by strangers who's reputation they don't know.

• Like 1

IMO Jigsaws mate would do better to have some patience and look at a few litters here in Ireland. There's plenty of rubbish bred here but at least he could go see the parents without spending money on flights/ferries and if things didn't ring true it's only a bit of diesel gone. I can't understand people who have pups sent over on the transporter by strangers who's reputation they don't know.

hes not in a hurry to buy,hes also rang a chap in Northern Ireland and hes looked at a litter in another part of Ireland,he wants to have a pup before june so he can spend time with it over the summer and hopefully have good weather to do so,this mate is a horse man and is wise in the ways of buying stock,he will not buy untill he is confident he has exactly what he wants/

• Like 2

hes not in a hurry to buy,hes also rang a chap in Northern Ireland and hes looked at a litter in another part of Ireland,he wants to have a pup before june so he can spend time with it over the summer and hopefully have good weather to do so,this mate is a horse man and is wise in the ways of buying stock,he will not buy untill he is confident he has exactly what he wants/
what is he looking for? I know a fella in Ireland that's well into lurchers.

hes looking for a hardy storng type bitch with saluki in it,this lad is 100% straight,and expects the same from the people he deals with,hes had a dog from me a while back and the dog is living the dream,lots of work and treated as a pet by the whole family,so no worries about being gotten rid of further on in the years,when he gets them he keeps em

hes looking for a hardy storng type bitch with saluki in it,this lad is 100% straight,and expects the same from the people he deals with,hes had a dog from me a while back and the dog is living the dream,lots of work and treated as a pet by the whole family,so no worries about being gotten rid of further on in the years,when he gets them he keeps em

Sound... if everyone was prepared to be honest, both with themselves and others, the standard of lurchers would stratospheric. Sadly that won't be happening anytime soon.

• Like 1

this sort of thing has been going on in the lurcher world for years now,its nothing new,they make the parentage of the pups up to suit the buyers requirements,a few years ago there were lads travelling hundreds of miles, to see a litter of genuine bedxgrey or deerhound x grey, these pups were nothing of the sort all bullshite over the phone,the pups were usually turned into something that was in fashion at the time if they couldnt sell them,ie if deerhoundx or colliex were the popular dogs thats what the pups were sold as,i know that there are loads of genuine breeders out there but there also alot of get rich ,mugs wantedsellers as well,at the end of the day ,most of it is to make easy money, rant over

I have been told my number has been put on here relating to an ad for lurchers so I thought I would come on and clear things up. I do not have a litter of lurcher pups for sale, never will have as I own one lurcher and have no intention of breeding from her. This thread is precisely the reason I do not come on here anymore and also why I only keep a very small group of friends in the hunting community. I keep a small pack of Sealyham terriers and sealyham crosses, I hunt them in mid wales to rabbits and rats. I do not go on forums and keep myself to myself. I have had a few people contact me saying my number is on an ad for lurcher pups. This is down to a guy called Andrew Rees, this chap tried to buy a Sealyham x Russell bitch off me about 8 months ago. I didnt like him or the questions he was asking regarding how much he could get for pups and how soon he could breed from her. I refused to sell him the bitch and had a bit of an argument. Since then he has placed several ads with my number on them on various sites. I have had phone calls for cars, parrots, numerous dog, my small holding at a very low price and so on. This ad is one in a long line of ads. I have a text of a chap asking why the same picture was being used in two adverts, he never mentioned lurchers, I assumed that he was talking about an ad for working sealyhams that was running and also one for KC sealyams, both these ads would have the same picture on them as my dog was stud dog on both hence the same picture was on both ads and hence the reply to the text.

The only time I bred a litter is if I have friends who want them, the working Sealyham litter was bred by me, 6 in a litter, 4 are being given to working homes and two dog pups were up for sale. These are now sold !! The KC litter my dog sired are due mid April and the owner of the bitch has been taking bookings for pups, again these are gone.

Now while Mr Rees and his mates play these silly games ( I wouldn't be surprised if its him or his mates hiding behind made up names on this thread) I will get silly phone calls. To be honest I just red button numbers I don't know or if I do speak to people I politely explain the situation.

The last litter I bred was 18 months ago and I have no plans to breed again until summer 2017 these pups will be for my own use and the remainder will be booked prior to the mating taking place. The dogs I keep were all European working importsthat cost me £1000s and anyone who knows me, usually from asking to use my dog as a stud, will know I am not into dogs for money as the stud is usually given free of charge providing the person is decent and the pups will be going to working homes, finally my name is John Harris, I do not hide behind made up names, my number is 07580212222 so if any of you have a question please give me a call, I wont bite your head off and if it involves improving the sealyham as a working breed I will talk to you all day. Please DO NOT call me if you want to buy a lurcher as they are not my thing!! Finally thanks to the people who do know me and are members on here who contacted me to tell me my details were being displayed on a public forum. Oh and I have never lived or have any ambition to live in Tredegar. I hope this clears up a few points for you. As for Mr Rees I expect that your on here having a laugh, keep at it matey I love getting the random calls !!!

• Like 4

This is a load of bollox, ive spoke to the lad whos number appears on the adverts, hes a genuine bloke who has two litters of sealyham pups between him and his brother.

He doesnt own lurchers just sticks to his terriers. He had some trouble through dogs with somebody last year and ever since they have been putting his number to adverts on the internet for cars, land and even a parrot for sale and now lurchers. Thats why when text by lurcherman887 he knew nothing about the lurchers.

So before lads start slagging lads off on forums they want get there storys straight before they get a man a bad name because some c**t got it in for him and its exactly what they want.

• Like 1