Painting A Concrete Floor?

I wouldn't bother if I was you, I painted my garage floor with 'johnsons garage floor paint' and wish I hadn't! The stuff I used is slippery as fukc you walk in there with wet trainers on your going arse over tit!!!

Can't you mix sharp sand in with it to ad a rough surface??

• Like 1

tere are loads of decent step/tile/floorpaints available, i just did my boiler room with one made by rustins, washed it out with the hose first then when it had dried just painted on. easy. nice finish, not slippery and seems durable. there is a reason that floor paint is different to masonry paint............:)

• 3 weeks later...

hi would that oil based tarmac sealer be any good for it , seems cheap enough so would be able to do it yearly , not for kennels just the shed part , the concrete is s##t as i done it myself so would be a waste putting paint on it .

• 2 years later...

Masonary paint is just that, it will cover/protect for a while but it is not designed for traffic, you could put emulsion/gloss/woodtain on your concrete floor if you like, but it isn't designed for the job and will not be as effective as floor paint.  

Having said that floor paint needs to be applied correctly and even then, depending on traffic and wear type don't expect it to last forever!

ATB!

On 26 March 2016 at 21:47, beast said:

tere are loads of decent step/tile/floorpaints available, i just did my boiler room with one made by rustins, washed it out with the hose first then when it had dried just painted on. easy. nice finish, not slippery and seems durable. there is a reason that floor paint is different to masonry paint............:)

Feck me, been a while mate hope alls good, been wondering what happened thought you,d gone off in pursuit of new adventures ✌️

• Like 1