Painting A Concrete Floor?

Can anyone give me some advice on painting a concrete floor? Prep work? best paint to use?

Cheers

hi, broom the floor as good as you can, you can never really get it spotless, there will always be some dust left on it, but as long as its very minimal you should be ok, if you have got a leaf blower, blow the dust out of the corners, then you are ready to paint, you can buy the proper garage floor paint, use a brush to cut around the edge and use a roller with a long handle for the rest............and remember to start at the back and work your way back to the door.........lol :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You dont want to be putting masonary paint on a concrete floor!!...use a bog standard oil based concrete floor paint...give floor a good sweep...cut in the edge...then pour from the tin onto the floor and roll it out with a roller...piece of piss

• Like 1

You dont want to be putting masonary paint on a concrete floor!!...use a bog standard oil based concrete floor paint...give floor a good sweep...cut in the edge...then pour from the tin onto the floor and roll it out with a roller...piece of piss

Have used masonry paint for concrete floors hundreds of times without problems

Good for you mate...I've been a Painting and Decorating contractor for 30 year...painted miles and miles of industrial unit floors, workshops, garages, boiler rooms you name it...never once put masonry paint on floors...but what do I know eh?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 pac floor paint is the only way to do it properly, johnstones do a fairly decent system at the moment and like AKA BRINDLE I've been in the trade long enough to know that masonry paint ain't for floors! We tend to roll it out of the scuttle as it goes further than pouring on the floor and spreading it out! Best of luck.

Matt

By the time it's dry your out of there ...no problem ..
  • Like 2

By the time it's dry your out of there ...no problem ..
There all the same even when it comes to Tarmacing a drive 1" thick by the time it's ready to he's there long gone hahaha
  • Like 2

Good for you mate...I've been a Painting and Decorating contractor for 30 year...painted miles and miles of industrial unit floors, workshops, garages, boiler rooms you name it...never once put masonry paint on floors...but what do I know eh?

Well there we have if you never once used it so how can can you tell me it's no good Lol