Hw100 Wont Stay Zeroed

Was the weather the same on both days. In warmer weather the grease in the hammer shuttle tends to get thinner and you normally get a few fps more and when it's colder the grease tends to thicken up hence losing a few fps.

yes I believe it was pretty similar!

I found I got zero variations when filling my hw100 when using a pump. Apparently the air gets very hot when using a pump and this distorts the airtube (very small amount) and this in turn moves the barrel via the figure of 8 fixing point. When I started using a cylinder to fill the gun, the zero shift stopped.

Ah that could be something! I do try to pump slowly but sometimes get a bit impatient :laugh: I will see if I can do it just using the cylinder next time and see if that affects it! cheers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is just a thought mind Muttly   but is your safe any where near a rad in you home or is the room you have it in warm   just asking as the heat of the room may affect the rifle as we all no w

I have owned several hw100 and have never had any kind of hold sensitivity with any off them........i would not rest the cylinder on anything though i would however float the barrel can be as simple

I found I got zero variations when filling my hw100 when using a pump. Apparently the air gets very hot when using a pump and this distorts the airtube (very small amount) and this in turn moves the b

Thanks for all the ideas and advice guys! as always I knew I could rely on you all :D Will look into some of the things that have been said and hopefully they fix it! I got it out of the safe today and the zero seems to have held so fingers crossed it stays this way!

Hello mate,I think there has been some over thinking on this one,I own a hw100s in 177 and I had been having very similar problems with accuracy,I found that I zero,d the gun then when shooting out the van or golf cart I would be missing by about 3inches,I found that at times I was resting on the floating barrel and not the cylinder,I taped up the figure of 8 bracket making it solid on both cylinder and barrel,I now hit pellet on pellet every time,I use mine for pest control a lot and find it the most accurate gun I,ve ever owned,very rarely miss a shot and if I do it would be my mistake and not the gun,WM

• Like 1

Hello mate,I think there has been some over thinking on this one,I own a hw100s in 177 and I had been having very similar problems with accuracy,I found that I zero,d the gun then when shooting out the van or golf cart I would be missing by about 3inches,I found that at times I was resting on the floating barrel and not the cylinder,I taped up the figure of 8 bracket making it solid on both cylinder and barrel,I now hit pellet on pellet every time,I use mine for pest control a lot and find it the most accurate gun I,ve ever owned,very rarely miss a shot and if I do it would be my mistake and not the gun,WM

Had the same problem a couple of month's back..

Being fresh back into the airgun scene and getting my first pcp (after shooting springers year's previously ) I thought they were totally recoiless..

Messing about with various homemade bench rests to get better stability i found if the barrel or silencer touched anything solid my groups went horrible to say the least!!

Probably common knowledge to you lads but like i say i'm new back to the airgun scene and thought pcp's were totally recoiless.

Goodluck muttley94.. hope you get it sorted

Atb

I see you know my lass to ,WM lol :laugh::thumbs:

nice avatar

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Being fresh back into the airgun scene and getting my first pcp (after shooting springers year's previously ) I thought they were totally recoiless..

Messing about with various homemade bench rests to get better stability i found if the barrel or silencer touched anything solid my groups went horrible to say the least!!

Probably common knowledge to you lads but like i say i'm new back to the airgun scene and thought pcp's were totally recoiless.

Atb

Thanks guys, This could well be the case, when I used springers I always rested on the exact some point but as you say I didnt really consider this with this gun, I too have recently tapped the front end of the gun and perhaps this also had some effect, or perhaps I need to rest on the same point each time/ always use a bipod, I will give this a go!

thanks

• Like 1

Atb

Thanks guys, This could well be the case, when I used springers I always rested on the exact some point but as you say I didnt really consider this with this gun, I too have recently tapped the front end of the gun and perhaps this also had some effect, or perhaps I need to rest on the same point each time/ always use a bipod, I will give this a go!

thanks

I have owned several hw100 and have never had any kind of hold sensitivity with any off them........i would not rest the cylinder on anything though ;) i would however float the barrel can be as simple as removing the o ring from the fig 8 barrel band or modify/buy a single piece band so it just holds the cylinder not barrel no more temp flexing barrel etc ;) Is the barrel tight as in does it turn when screwing silencer on/off as can be a known problem with them again simple fix;) Process of elimination and lots of good advice on this thread ;) Good Luck they are a cracking rifle ;)

• Like 3

Atb

thanks

I have owned several hw100 and have never had any kind of hold sensitivity with any off them........i would not rest the cylinder on anything though ;) i would however float the barrel can be as simple as removing the o ring from the fig 8 barrel band or modify/buy a single piece band so it just holds the cylinder not barrel no more temp flexing barrel etc ;) Is the barrel tight as in does it turn when screwing silencer on/off as can be a known problem with them again simple fix;) Process of elimination and lots of good advice on this thread ;) Good Luck they are a cracking rifle ;)

barrel is tight yes, as you say there are some good suggestions here and I guess its just seeing if any have any effect! :) thanks

• Like 1

Had the same problem sold it and got a s510 superlight .. its bin knocked of the bipod . Rattled around in the back of the mule and every zero check has been spot on ! Got the hw100 to see what people where raving about and in my opinion .iv not got a f..king clue lol i hated it

• Like 1

Ha! I don't believe it. There's a first... A member of THL that doesn't grab there cock and balls at the mention of a one hundred. Awesome.

You must of got a dud one. But they never happen ;)

Why may I add didn't you heron with it?

• Like 1