Hw100 Wont Stay Zeroed

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is just a thought mind Muttly   but is your safe any where near a rad in you home or is the room you have it in warm   just asking as the heat of the room may affect the rifle as we all no w

I have owned several hw100 and have never had any kind of hold sensitivity with any off them........i would not rest the cylinder on anything though i would however float the barrel can be as simple

I found I got zero variations when filling my hw100 when using a pump. Apparently the air gets very hot when using a pump and this distorts the airtube (very small amount) and this in turn moves the b

I haven't got a chronograph but will look about getting one and give that a go if this continues! Yes I do always check it Mac, just Im not used to having to do a complete rezero, especially when its been locked in a safe where in theory it shouldnt be touched, knocked or moved about at all so shouldnt change?

Ive got a NikkoStirling panamax 3-9X40 and yes the zero holds while in use, Ive checked it at the start and end of the day plus the rabbits check it throughout the day ;)

Barrel and silencer are both tight

This is just a thought mind Muttly

but is your safe any where near a rad in you home or is the room you have it in warm

just asking as the heat of the room may affect the rifle as we all no weather affect's the rifles and it may be just that its the change in temperature thats affecting the zero

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Lies would it. F'k me, if it was DS the man had we'd of all been on it like flies round shit.

I do say I could be wrong and I do mention the crono... so youve just said what I said :)

That is what i said bollocks to

Fair enough mate. But many will see this and disagree. No issues with the comment, I just think we would.

I had the same problem with my Air Arms s300 we would go out and it was fine next time you got it out to check it was off , I only had the problem after my son dropped it and we had a gun smith work on it we fitted a new silencer and it still continued so my son checked every bolt on her found a loose one tight end it and we went out so I'm just waiting till me next days off to check her zero before we go out

I haven't got a chronograph but will look about getting one and give that a go if this continues! Yes I do always check it Mac, just Im not used to having to do a complete rezero, especially when its been locked in a safe where in theory it shouldnt be touched, knocked or moved about at all so shouldnt change?

Ive got a NikkoStirling panamax 3-9X40 and yes the zero holds while in use, Ive checked it at the start and end of the day plus the rabbits check it throughout the day ;)

Barrel and silencer are both tight

This is just a thought mind Muttly

but is your safe any where near a rad in you home or is the room you have it in warm

just asking as the heat of the room may affect the rifle as we all no weather affect's the rifles and it may be just that its the change in temperature thats affecting the zero

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Are you moving the Mag on the scope or is everything the same?

Nope the safe is under the stairs and theres no radiator there, its surrounded by rooms as well not on an outside wall or anything so its just a pretty normal temperature in there!

not moving or changing anything, I think both times its happened ive put it away with half a mag of pellets so literally picked it up and shot it, no changing the mag or fiddling with the scope or anything :/

Sell it and buy a MK4is :victory:

Who are you , some new boy :laugh: How are you doing mate ?

Not to bad buddy and daystate less :tongue2: few new bits of kit for my hft but kept the 97 :yes:

hft%20rigs_zpsrbobuadb.jpg

been playing with the meccano :whistling: hows tricks yourself :bye:

Not bad mate ,all going well

They look like something out of starwars

• Like 1

I found I got zero variations when filling my hw100 when using a pump. Apparently the air gets very hot when using a pump and this distorts the airtube (very small amount) and this in turn moves the barrel via the figure of 8 fixing point. When I started using a cylinder to fill the gun, the zero shift stopped.

• Like 3