Best Moderator For 22 Hornet

.22 centrefire?

yes they are proofed for up to .22 hornet

https://www.tacfiresystems.co.uk/store/rifle-accessories/rimfire-moderators/a-tec-cmm-4-rimfire/

How do they perform in the field? I've a T8 on my hornet.

The main benefits for me was their size !not much more than a normal small rimmy mod so balance is no where as bad if your carrying the rifle (no having the muzzle keep dragging back down), they do ok on noise suppression but probably not in the league of the bigger mods, they do a decent to good job of hiding muzzle flash if you use nv or shoot at night ,and they are cheap ! as i say though you wont get jacksons lifetime replacement at 50% £ if you "say"its been on a hornet ;)

I'd definitely be thinking a 4 baffle mod rather than an 8, it's added weight and length for no benefit.

ASE Compact series I've seen used to good effect :thumbs:

Would there be no noticeable difference at all between a 4 and an 8 baffle mod on the .22 hornet? Say weight and length was irrelevant and you needed the quietest .22 centre fire possible would it not be worth putting an 8 baffle on a hornet, changing the subject slightly but is a well moderated .22hornet any quieter than say a well moderated .222 or .223?

I'd definitely be thinking a 4 baffle mod rather than an 8, it's added weight and length for no benefit.

ASE Compact series I've seen used to good effect :thumbs:

Would there be no noticeable difference at all between a 4 and an 8 baffle mod on the .22 hornet? Say weight and length was irrelevant and you needed the quietest .22 centre fire possible would it not be worth putting an 8 baffle on a hornet, changing the subject slightly but is a well moderated .22hornet any quieter than say a well moderated .222 or .223?

YES definitely

The Hornet is almost certainly going to be quieter than a moderated .222/.223 with a any decent moderator on it. You may gain a few more decibels reduction from having say a T8 over a T4 but you're always going to have that supersonic crack to contend with.

The Hornet by nature, with it's much less powder, is a quiet centrefire.

Mmmmmm ............... OK then, I've sulked enough. :cray:

Walshie, have a look at a Hardy. I have a Gen IV on my 17 Hornet and I thoroughly recommend them. I could not get over just how much it supresses the sound. To me it sounds quieter than my old HMR when fired. :thumbs: . Bonkers eh? A CF quieter than a RF?? I had a SAK and then Swift Nightingale on the HMR before I sold it.

Tremo

• Like 1