Boaty Mcboatface.............

Should they go with the public decision, or is it disrespectful to the many men who have risked, and lost, their lives ?

Boaty McBoatface instigator 'sorry' for ship name suggestion - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-35860760

I could agree it was a bit disrespectful if it was war ship but it isn't, it's a research ship...

Not a f***ing chance would I consider it acceptable for it to be named that f***ing ridiculous name! It's perfectly acceptable to suggest it though.

This is the problem with putting these things to public poll. The public invariably take the piss because quite frankly they don't give a f**k about the issue they are voting on.

• Like 2

I cNt see the problem it would certainly draw younger kids too think about science and there favourite boat how many folk would buy merchandise that could go too helping science what's the difference if it's called some other name any one actually think any one would be looking at the thing if it was called another normal name