• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Built my 1st pond in 2013 and decided to rebuild it as had no bottom drain and fish we're getting to big for it

Put the cellotex on the walls ready for fiberglasser, he came in finished it in about 6 hours. Really happy with the finish

Pond finished and fish in at last

Posted Images

I had about 25 fish in there so i done a deal with my pal, if he puts them in his pond he can keep the bulk of them.

When you 1st start you put anything in there, i knew what was growing well so i only want 6 maybe 7 back

I will stick a few more up tomorrow when i get chance

• Like 1

Id def be careful with the dogs if your wanting big koi...those two in first pic will look like breakfast if they go for a paddle! haha!

Right what you say about putting owt in, its easy to end up with too many fish due to being over enthusiastic at the start!

good luck, keep us posted.

whos guna do a bigger bigger pond post?!?!

Id def be careful with the dogs if your wanting big koi...those two in first pic will look like breakfast if they go for a paddle! haha!

Right what you say about putting owt in, its easy to end up with too many fish due to being over enthusiastic at the start!

good luck, keep us posted.

whos guna do a bigger bigger pond post?!?!

Come on ryaldinhio get it started hahaha

can I make a suggestion to you (both). when I built mine I ran a quick drain from the bottom of my filter with a 40mm inline gate valve to a local drain. this was one of the best things I did. soooooooo easy for cleaning and or draining/water change. simply open the gate valve and shut when your done. whilst you are building and the paths/patios are up etc it would be worth doing this imo. even if you just got the drain out the ground local for now. my old man didnt listen to me on his and as soon as he saw mine when it was finished he regretted not doing it.

I used to clean my filter weekly. turn pump off, open gate valve, let the filter drain down, jet wash the sh*te off the brushes and foams, rinse filter bottom out, close gate valve pump back on, done.

with yours being bottom drain I would think you would need a gate valve on the supply to the filter otherwise you will have drained 2ft of pond water before it is level with bottom of filter.

def worth considering though. when sonething is easy you are more likely to keep it up.

• Like 3

I have got one fitted mate the one with the little T that you pull I have it joined to the main drain which is under the decking I didn't have one fitted at till I seen one in action on a video looks to save hell of a lot of time and easy to do :thumbs:

• Like 1

This is where my filters are going, the bottom drain pipe is to the right and the box on the wall is a skimmer

The plan is for this to go into a sieve which catches the shit before it hits the filter then into a nexus filter which are great bits of kit, Each of these have there own drain which will be piped straight into the aco drain which is piped into the drain

I learnt my lesson on the last pond so a lot of thought as gone into this as I don't want to be doing this again

post-13958-0-48166800-1458760668_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

i used to have a lovely 3 foot sturgeon in my pond and i let my mate leave his lurcher at mine overnight looked out in the morning -- whats that twat eating , fckin thing was having caviar but forgot to harvest it , the sturgeon would come up to the top to see you but that fckin lurcher grabbed it and ate it