Favourite Tipple Or Drink.

Hmmm I struggle to pick a favourite tipple.

Not really a lager fan.

I really like a nice cider, proper scrumpy.

I like a nice real ale, alot of the badger ales tick the boxes for me but I do have to be in the mood for them. Same goes for a pint of pedigree or bottle of Newcastle brown.

I like most spirits but can take them or leave them. Gin and Tonic is probably top of my list spirit wise.

I enjoy a nice wine. Rose for relaxing drinking, red wine with a nice steak or home made pie, white wine with a nice chicken or pasta dish. As I type this I'm just enjoying a bottle of Hardys Crest.

I really like a nice bottle of port too, usually after lamping, not sure why. Just a habit.

I'm not an alcoholic. Honest.

• Like 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you dont put coke (or Ice) with real whisky ... thats what Jack Daniels is for!!

when there's poitin involved there's usually a good story involved. I can still get it but don't want to anymore. It was always great to have a bottle in the house for when you felt the flu coming on.

I used to sell a lot of the stuff and a few years ago I had a visit off two Norwegian dogmen so I thought I'd give them a taste of Irish hospitality. At the time I was well used to Poitin so I got ou

Posted Images

Lads I'm not kidding ya, a good bottle of poitin is nicer than any malt whiskey. Not the shite they sell down the pub, but the real deal! Much nicer taste than whiskey, although I'm fond of a bit of paddy's too.?

Take her easy mind!

• Like 1

Lads I'm not kidding ya, a good bottle of poitin is nicer than any malt whiskey. Not the shite they sell down the pub, but the real deal! Much nicer taste than whiskey, although I'm fond of a bit of paddy's too.

Take her easy mind!

I used to sell a lot of the stuff and a few years ago I had a visit off two Norwegian dogmen so I thought I'd give them a taste of Irish hospitality.

At the time I was well used to Poitin so I got out a bottle and poured 3 large glasses.

I took a sip and let out the usual "oh yeh" after a mouthful. One of the Norwegians drank the lot of the head and calmly said "Is nice ya, can I have some more please ?"

We drank two bottles and I cant remember much but I do know that the Norwegians walked out of my house in a straight line. The one who drank it off the head even looked like a viking. I couldn't go to work the next day.

I sold two bottles another time to an English man I worked with. He was a brilliant scaffolder but I didn't know he was a chronic alcoholic.

He asked me the next day could he buy two more bottles of me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor divil ended up homeless living rough.

• Like 3

Lads I'm not kidding ya, a good bottle of poitin is nicer than any malt whiskey. Not the shite they sell down the pub, but the real deal! Much nicer taste than whiskey, although I'm fond of a bit of paddy's too.

Take her easy mind!

I used to sell a lot of the stuff and a few years ago I had a visit off two Norwegian dogmen so I thought I'd give them a taste of Irish hospitality.

At the time I was well used to Poitin so I got out a bottle and poured 3 large glasses.

I took a sip and let out the usual "oh yeh" after a mouthful. One of the Norwegians drank the lot of the head and calmly said "Is nice ya, can I have some more please ?"

We drank two bottles and I cant remember much but I do know that the Norwegians walked out of my house in a straight line. The one who drank it off the head even looked like a viking. I couldn't go to work the next day.

I sold two bottles another time to an English man I worked with. He was a brilliant scaffolder but I didn't know he was a chronic alcoholic.

Some good story's there Neil. A few years ago, I got a real good bottle. A friend of mine was over one night, and we decided to crack open the bottle. All was grand, and about three quarters way through, he asked me to hit the pub with him, I said " no, I'm happy enough at the fire, and to go ahead." So out the door he went, but instead of turning left for town, he turned right, which leads into an old three story house, which has an old unkept pond in it! Anyway, few min later, I get a knock on the door. Open the door, and there stands this black mud covered figure!

Brought him in, mud dripping all over the floor, asked no questions, led him into the shower, fully clothed, and turned it on. Lol

Best part is, i heard that next day he was seen going from pub to pub, dried mud stuck to his clothes, hair etc, and he was paying with muddy wet notes!lol True story!

Ps Neil, can you still get hold of the stuff??

• Like 1

Take her easy mind!

i picked up 2 bottles the other day... cant drink em yet but im stocking up for the babys naming ceremony

• Like 1

I dont drink but if i was to have one on occasion it would be hennesy vs or xo if someone else is buying.

My wife bought me a bottle of Hennesey XO a couple of Christmas's ago..........................thought I had gone to heaven.
Your lucky its not cheap stuff thats for sure

You should try sloe brandy my missus got a bottle a couple years ago at the yorkshire show you could drink it like water its that nice.

Is the Yorkshire Show, the Northern Shooting Show? If it is, I'll be there and buy a bottle. Ta.

No, the great yorkshire show at harrogate its in july.

I will be there throughout and am looking forward to it.

Take her easy mind!

Some good story's there Neil. A few years ago, I got a real good bottle. A friend of mine was over one night, and we decided to crack open the bottle. All was grand, and about three quarters way through, he asked me to hit the pub with him, I said " no, I'm happy enough at the fire, and to go ahead." So out the door he went, but instead of turning left for town, he turned right, which leads into an old three story house, which has an old unkept pond in it! Anyway, few min later, I get a knock on the door. Open the door, and there stands this black mud covered figure!

Brought him in, mud dripping all over the floor, asked no questions, led him into the shower, fully clothed, and turned it on. Lol

Best part is, i heard that next day he was seen going from pub to pub, dried mud stuck to his clothes, hair etc, and he was paying with muddy wet notes!lol True story!

Ps Neil, can you still get hold of the stuff?

:laugh: when there's poitin involved there's usually a good story involved. I can still get it but don't want to anymore. It was always great to have a bottle in the house for when you felt the flu coming on.

The coursing men used to use it but most use Winter Green etc. now.

I remember when I was younger if you stood down wind at a coursing meet the smell of poitin could knock you over.

I sold 10 bottles to a few lads around the village one night. The next night I walked into my local pub, The Greyhound, and most of the lads who'd got poitin off me were at the bar. In fact the only one at the bar who had not bought some of me was the local Sergeant.

One lad turned around to thank me but I legged it.

If that Sergeant at the time knew that I had 50 bottles in the cupboard at home he'd have confiscated the lot.

FOR HIMSELF :laugh::laugh::laugh: .

• Like 4

Take her easy mind!

:laugh: when there's poitin involved there's usually a good story involved. I can still get it but don't want to anymore. It was always great to have a bottle in the house for when you felt the flu coming on.

I remember when I was younger if you stood down wind at a coursing meet the smell of poitin could knock you over.

I sold 10 bottles to a few lads around the village one night. The next night I walked into my local pub, The Greyhound, and most of the lads who'd got poitin off me were at the bar. In fact the only one at the bar who had not bought some of me was the local Sergeant.

If that Sergeant at the time knew that I had 50 bottles in the cupboard at home he'd have confiscated the lot.

Brilliant! That leads me to another one.

Couple of lads were bringing a dog to the races. A friend tagged along in the back of the van with the dog. On the way to Mullingar, two boy's in front are yappin away, all excited about the dogs prospects, but the lad in the back is awful quiet. When the two boy's in front look back, here's your man with a bottle a Poitin half gone. The driver say's " a Hawk, that's for the feckin dog" The Hawk replies, " Fnck him, he's no f***ing good anyway!"

Take her easy mind!

Brilliant! That leads me to another one.

Couple of lads were bringing a dog to the races. A friend tagged along in the back of the van with the dog. On the way to Mullingar, two boy's in front are yappin away, all excited about the dogs prospects, but the lad in the back is awful quiet. When the two boy's in front look back, here's your man with a bottle a Poitin half gone. The driver say's " a Hawk, that's for the feckin dog" The Hawk replies, " Fnck him, he's no f***ing good anyway!"

:laugh: Very good and I reckon that's happened several times.

There's a man I know and he's a great friend of Fatmans and is very fond of a drink. He was off the beer for a long time but last year had a runner at a coursing meet.

His dog won it's first course and he had a bottle of 50/50 brandy and poitin and after it's run he took a swig and held the dogs mouth open to spray a little down it's throat. BUT, he swallowed instead.

Two months back on it, LOL.

Where there's poitin there's usually good folk, :laugh::laugh: .

• Like 1

Take her easy mind!

Excellent Neil ! The (Irish) are perhaps the greatest nation for drinking and certainly for having the (Craic). Plus their talent for music is endless. "Look at the Clancy brothers and the Dubliners"? Superb! Neil, I had a great Dutch friend over in these parts years ago. His name was Gerard Dijkstra, a wonderful man. Before going to work one morning I went to check on him and a German friend, everything was just fine; already he had polished off 47 cans of strong Dutch Beer of some sort. "What a great period in one's life is (Nostalgia)! 'I have tears in my eyes", my friend is no longer here as he died from cancer few years ago now. By the way Neil, I haven't forgot my promises, so I will forward certain items to you. "Something to make you smile", I'm looking at a black and white photo of Bert Gripton pictured together with a sandy coloured ferret. (Wonderful) !

• Like 2