Whippet Collie Greyhound

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a versatile mix of lurcher that I favour... They suit my ground, and are ideal, for the woodland brash and miles of hedgerow buries, that require ferreting. I only hunt rats'n rabbits these

Wrighty .... My lad own's one the result of a pure whippet sire over a half cross Collie Greyhound bitch. Only a young dog of about 15 month but did a little bit of work this past season      

What's people's views on this cross and how have you found them, this is a bitch I had a few years back would only take rabbits would hold back off everything else

Posted Images

This is a versatile mix of lurcher that I favour... :yes:

They suit my ground, and are ideal, for the woodland brash and miles of hedgerow buries, that require ferreting. I only hunt rats'n rabbits these days,..so not too concerned, about other quarry :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 13

Wrighty .... My lad own's one the result of a pure whippet sire over a half cross Collie Greyhound bitch. Only a young dog of about 15 month but did a little bit of work this past season

f%20%20t%20014_zpsouttpwgh.jpg

I like that. :thumbs: Is it related to Blind Date's pup?

TC

They suit my ground, and are ideal, for the woodland brash and miles of hedgerow buries, that require ferreting. I only hunt rabbits these days,..so not too concerned, about other quarry :thumbs:

DSC_5734.jpg

nice animal phil ?

They suit my ground, and are ideal, for the woodland brash and miles of hedgerow buries, that require ferreting. I only hunt rabbits these days,..so not too concerned, about other quarry :thumbs:

DSC_5734.jpg

Lovely animal

Atb

DSC_5734.jpg

My type of dog that mate

I had a bitch, Collie whippet/greyhound, Red fawn, called Tinker,, only 23" early 70s she could hunt a field as good as as any springer spaniel, and retrieve to hand or up into the van, I could direct her to go to the right hand side of the field or the left, just one wee story, working on the M6 Penrith Carlisle section,I used to take her to work with me, she had been lying in the van all day stretched out across the front seats, On our way home, I knew a good stubble field just off the Motorway, which was all under construction,, I said to the boys i will just put the wee dog over this field to clean herself out and she may get a hare or rabbit, Tinker is busy hunting, nose to the ground, then her ole Tail, starts to go round like a wind mill in a strong wind, I say there is a Hare about there, next up it jumps, a few quick bends, and the job is done, she then starts to carry her quarry back to the van were we are all standing and one lad says here is the farmer coming or game keeper, Tinker comes up to the fence, carrying the Hare,

she noses, the Hare through the square wire, the fence wire is as tight as a Banjo string, had just been erected courtesy of the motorway, she then jumps the wire fence, goes to the hare pulls it through, then jumps up into the van through the back of the van, Then the big game-keeper comes forward, what right do you have running that dog here, I said I just let the wee bitch out to clean herself, Now our works van was clearly stating the companys name, Clugston Asphalt, Scunthorpe, I had some money in my pocket, I was fumbling around in my pocket, and I pulled a 10shilling note out, gave it to the keeper, I said here have a drink on me,((( that would have bought him about 4 pints then, he took the 10bob, then he walked around to the back of the van and took the hare, I said to him I was going to feed the dog with that, he said get out of here before I report you to your company for using there van for poaching Game,

she was a great wee bitch, great watch dog, she would eat you if you came around the yard at night, I gave her so much running she was muscle bound in her back legs, I was about 26 or 27 years of age then, I used to have an average,of 3 dogs, they all got there fair share of work all daylight, today I am 71 still work my two bitches

saluki xs But Tinker was a more clever dog, than what i have today, she could fill the pot any day of the week, Rabbit, Hare, pheasant even duck, Again as said a Great watch dog, you would not open the van if she was lying there, (((( that is to a stranger,,)))

• Like 9