My mates after a stud if anyone knows of any . He's got a very well bred bitch . Really smart and fit 6 years old . Looking for a stud of same quality . I know it's a long shot on this site but said I'd ask so I'm asking . No daft comments . Don't really no anything about this breed . To be honest don't even like the breed .

Sent you a pm pal I train with somebody who's got some of the top working and showing dogs in the country.

Can I ask you what you think of their working qualities? pm if you like

(Sorry if I'm messing with your thread HPR)

Edited by Parker

No probs Parker . I don't know that much about them . I've only seen a few do protection work looked good and strong . My brother had lurchers and had an alapaha at that time and it was good in cover and hunted up well for such a big dog . I'm just not that keen on this type of dog so prob not the best person to answer the question . All I can say about them is that there most prob one of the best gaurd dogs I've seen very loyal .

Sent you a pm pal I train with somebody who's got some of the top working and showing dogs in the country.

If you mean hunting type work I wouldn't bother but if you mean protection work some are ok probably on par with the American Bulldog but just like the AB for every good one out there there's also a lot of shit ones with pedigrees full of dogs that have done nothing apart from produce litter after litter.

If you mean hunting type work I wouldn't bother but if you mean protection work some are ok probably on par with the American Bulldog but just like the AB for every good one out there there's also a lot of shit ones with pedigrees full of dogs that have done nothing apart from produce litter after litter.

I meant protection/guarding. I've got a 16 month old one he is supposed to be bred out of decent dogs friendly to everyone and everything doesn't see anything as a threat appears really stable. Just wondered if thats the norm? I dont know anyone else with one. so was interested in your thoughts.

What's in his breeding is he registered . Dose he naturally gaurd when at home etc . My brothers old one and my mates get on with other dogs etc can walk them in local parks etc . When at home it's a different story even when the dog knows you , you can't get I. Till the owner says so then it's fine .

What's in his breeding is he registered . Dose he naturally gaurd when at home etc . My brothers old one and my mates get on with other dogs etc can walk them in local parks etc . When at home it's a different story even when the dog knows you , you can't get I. Till the owner says so then it's fine .

He is registered, parents passed breed suitability tests. I think he guards thats my point really he doesn't bark or show any aggression out and about or at home but I don't think he sees any threats and I just wondered if that was typical of the breed.

He is registered, parents passed breed suitability tests. I think he guards thats my point really he doesn't bark or show any aggression out and about or at home but I don't think he sees any threats and I just wondered if that was typical of the breed.

if there like all bulldog breeds + american bulldog, they will have alot of health probs :yes:

if there like all bulldog breeds + american bulldog, they will have alot of health probs :yes:

Your right there bird. I've looked at plenty of guarding breeds and the vast majority of them suffer with health problems of some sort. Fancied an Alaunt but like hens teeth around my way. I'm pleased with the dog in general I was just expecting a more full on temperament like HPR described.

Your right there bird. I've looked at plenty of guarding breeds and the vast majority of them suffer with health problems of some sort. Fancied an Alaunt but like hens teeth around my way. I'm pleased with the dog in general I was just expecting a more full on temperament like HPR described.
The ones I've seen have ranged from completely flat to prey driven only through to out and out c**ts that will do anyone or anything so you can't really pigeonhole them and day this is what they are like as a breed.

The ones I've seen have ranged from completely flat to prey driven only through to out and out c**ts that will do anyone or anything so you can't really pigeonhole them and day this is what they are like as a breed.

How do they compare with the Bandogs temp and stability wise? I always fancied one of them I like laid back but guarding. Couldn't be dealing with a Mali or dutch herder but have a lot of respect for those that keep that type.

I keep Traditional type bandogs for that exact reason because of their stable laid back attitude coupled with a natural guarding instinct.I kept AB for a very long time which Alapaha are basically a type of.The main difference is AB'S and Alapaha were both making a lot of money at one point so we're churned out and became multi generations deep from untested stock in a very short space of time. Whereas the traditional type bandogs still seem to have a small group of fanciers who don't want them becoming the new in dog to have and are a lot more serious in working and testing possible breeding stock and then placing them in working homes.