Anyone got many on their patch? Not many here, not even heard one sing. Normally have a storm cock raid my hedge for the berries in Winter, they're all still on the hedge, and blackies, not hearing them sing much at the minute either.

Me and my lad were listening to a song thrush last week up the forest.

It was a dead still evening.

Great listing to him couldn't keep a count of how many different songs he was doing though.

My brother and I once found a very young chick that had fallen out of a nest when we were kids, and decided to try and raise it. The minute my dad pulled in to the drive after work he got a puncture lol but he couldn't help but smile when his 5/6 year old lad was trying his bloody hardest to build a hutch lol nails all over the drive, hammer in hand, I'd made kindling out of most of the timber for the extension he was building! But spent a couple of hours building a small hutch and spoke to vets etc and after feeding little gutsy eggs (of all things? ) I ended up with a little song thrush ;)

used to fly around the house shitting on things lol until mum said it was time to let him go, and he came back to the garden every day for weeks. I'd actually not thought about this for about 25 yrs now? Wonder if my brother remembers?

• Like 8

Theres plenty of blackbirds and thrush round here i do see a blackbird with a white ring around his neck

is that not a ring Ozzle as opposed to a blackbird, the blackbirds near me are doing really well after a wet winter, and I even have a pair starting to put a nest together in the hedge, song thrush,s are thin on the ground and mistle thrush even more scarce, I spend quite a bit of time in Gloucester, only about 25 miles from home and I see song thrush,s every time I go up there, so I guess it's quite a regional thing

Every year a pair of Mistle thrush appear at my place and nest in one of my spindly sycamores near the house. They buggar off after nesting and you don't see them all year but they are back this week casing the joint. Last year a corvid ragged the nest down and gave me palpitations !

I still have a big group of field fares here but am sure they will clear off pretty soon.

• Like 1