Whippet X Spaniel... Any Good?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice to see someone taking on such a challenge for the dogs benefit & not the usual " if it don't work i'll shoot it shit". Fair play to you & i hope all works out for you & your pup. Atb

Sad but true. But, I will give it my best shot. I knew that when I took him on, and there has been some improvement in the two weeks we have had him, so even if he does not work, I will still have a g

The thing is that once the pup has turned somewhere between 12 and 16 weeks (depends on the individual) the window of creating neural pathways has closed, almost. If the pup hasn't been able, through

How's the pup coming on?

I will be 100% honest, very slowly, at the moment he is building relationships with every one but me. But the good news is he has actually started playing and wagging his tail when people walk into the room. Not great strides I know, but it is better than no response at all. He does come to his name and will let you know if he needs the toilet. Time will tell I suppose.

TC

• Like 2

How's the pup coming on?

I will be 100% honest, very slowly, at the moment he is building relationships with every one but me. But the good news is he has actually started playing and wagging his tail when people walk into the room. Not great strides I know, but it is better than no response at all. He does come to his name and will let you know if he needs the toilet. Time will tell I suppose.

TC

Some progress is better than none Tc best of luck :thumbs:

• Like 1

Sounds like it's going in right direction fella..

Is it you who feeds the dog ???

Yes, but there again we have problems at the moment. He is fixated on the daughters dog and when she is not around he frets. The problem is she is a glutton and will eat what ever is in a bowl, and if I tell her to leave it he takes that to heart also. She is a double edged sword at the moment, as she is leading him in some ways, yet holding him back in others, I have not yet worked out a balance to make it more positive for him.

TC