Rimfire Set Up

cheers fellas, been checking these czs out and I'm thinking 453 premium,??? whats your thoughts, cheers in advance guys

The 453 has a single set trigger, if that's what you want then fine, but that came and went pretty quick.

As for premium, well, do you want to use it, or preserve it as an heirloom?

As always its down to personal choice, and personally I would get a 452 or a 455 and forget any 453!

ATB!

• Like 2

cheers deker i wanted the 452 but though they stopped producing them as I couldn't find them new, are they still making them mate,

As far as I'm aware the basic 452 is still made, no doubt simply until they have used up the parts, but the 453 has passed into history. (someone will correct me on that if I have it wrong) The 453 was a short lived version, and the 455 came along pretty quick, there was never a 454 as far as I'm aware

There will of course still be a few NEW 452 and 453 around the country if you can find them.

:thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

at the min I am looking for a cz 455 thumbhole stock. does anyone have one of these and if so what you think to these? thanks

I will be putting on it my sak mod and Yukon photon 6.5 x 42 night scope,,,

at the min I am looking for a cz 455 thumbhole stock. does anyone have one of these and if so what you think to these? thanks

TH stocks aren't for everyone, I like them and so have the 455 with the laminate TH stock. Can't fault it. Handle one before you commit to purchasing as you may find you prefer the sporter stock.

TH stocks aren't for everyone, I like them and so have the 455 with the laminate TH stock. Can't fault it. Handle one before you commit to purchasing as you may find you prefer the sporter stock.

Yeah I understand mate, I am going to look at one tomorrow so I will have a good look at it and handle it to see what it feels like, will let you know how I get on, if I purchase it or not...

Cheers

• Like 1

A 452 plus a SAK and a decent 'airgun' scope is all anyone needs.

Of course you can veer off into Anschutz & Sako, (mine's a P94 Sako Finnfire Varmint) but in the real

world the 452 is the standard by which all others are judged.

Sure mine has a trigger second to none, a VERY fancy Leupold VX3 scope etc etc, but having owned

and used a 452 for years, mine is 'pretty-er' but no more useable.

It's the ammo which can make the difference, My choice is Winchester Sub's, RWS sub's and best for

accuracy is GECO target 42gr solids.

• Like 1