Crufts 2016

Thank you, I have to admit to preferring black and tans or the reverse mask dogs to even the dark sables but I like the dogs in my bitches lines so was happy when I was given the opportunity to take one from her litter.

Temperament wise she is quite prey driven as expected from a 5th bloodline dog but she settles well in the house around my kids (aged 5 and 7) and there friends. She is naturally protective of us and our property. I haven't done man work with her but her search work for an article or person is relentless. Downsides to her is that she is very dog aggressive to the point that I'm looking for a e-collar, something I never thought I'd consider using and feel like I've failed her, and she eats dog sh17 if given the chance but all in all very happy

Sounds like your typical headcase shepherd :laugh: still easier to live with than a Mal though :yes: I've known quite a few Eastern European shepherds that were seriously dog aggressive, wouldn't say you've failed her just the way she's wired.

Atb with her pal :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree, very sad to see. !! Below is my working german shepherd, this is how they should look like.    

Just a couple of pics for comparison. This is my working line GSD from the Czech republic. she's another 23tts and 33kgs in weight and will be 2 at the end of april

true max, Buck will run all night, jump 5 bar gates for fun, best bag 36 rabbits in the lamp , them show crap things can just about move. Buck dam was from e/e + Belgium lines, what Alsatians w

Posted Images

Thank you, I have to admit to preferring black and tans or the reverse mask dogs to even the dark sables but I like the dogs in my bitches lines so was happy when I was given the opportunity to take one from her litter.

Temperament wise she is quite prey driven as expected from a 5th bloodline dog but she settles well in the house around my kids (aged 5 and 7) and there friends. She is naturally protective of us and our property. I haven't done man work with her but her search work for an article or person is relentless. Downsides to her is that she is very dog aggressive to the point that I'm looking for a e-collar, something I never thought I'd consider using and feel like I've failed her, and she eats dog sh17 if given the chance but all in all very happy

Sounds like your typical headcase shepherd :laugh: still easier to live with than a Mal though :yes: I've known quite a few Eastern European shepherds that were seriously dog aggressive, wouldn't say you've failed her just the way she's wired.

So I'm not the only one then haha, that's nice to know. Just out of interest, do you think the e-collar is the way to go or any other suggestions, cheers

So I'm not the only one then haha, that's nice to know. Just out of interest, do you think the e-collar is the way to go or any other suggestions, cheers

Not something I've really got experience with, keeping bulldogs I just accept that they're going to be evil shits to other dogs :laugh: my gut says an e-collar isn't the right way to go though. Have a poke round www.leerburg.com it's a great resource for training advice for shepherds :thumbs:

Just flicking through TV channels and saw a German Shepard with obvious health issues. Roached back and blatant hip dysplasia! How could a dog like this be put up as an example of best of breed? The show fraternity are a sad bunch. A working dog if somehow was bred deformed like that it would be PTS. Obviously the kennel club is still working its ways??

Agree, very sad to see. !!

Below is my working german shepherd, this is how they should look like. :thumbs:

Bindy..3_zpspagkajhv.jpg

20150614_074011_zpsrvqwjuuf.jpg

Edited by Saluki246
  • Like 9

Just flicking through TV channels and saw a German Shepard with obvious health issues. Roached back and blatant hip dysplasia! How could a dog like this be put up as an example of best of breed? The show fraternity are a sad bunch. A working dog if somehow was bred deformed like that it would be PTS. Obviously the kennel club is still working its ways??

Below is my working german shepherd, this is how they should look like. :thumbs:

Bindy..3_zpspagkajhv.jpg

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Bindy..3_zpspagkajhv.jpg

Another cracking sable bitch :thumbs:

• Like 1

Bindy..3_zpspagkajhv.jpg

Nicely put together. Like the type my grandfather used to have and straight strong back and hind quarters like the one in the English Pathe video clips.

• Like 1

Just a couple of pics for comparison. This is my working line GSD from the Czech republic. she's another 23tts and 33kgs in weight and will be 2 at the end of april

my dog Buck , is dam from Czech republic lines 24in 34kgs black , very laid back bitch great guard dog, and works with terriers controlling foxes on few shoots. this line of gsds i reckon prob the best type for a working Alsatian :yes:[font=helvetica, arial,gsdbitch3yearold.jpg

Great looking Bird , looks a big 24 " in that photo pal unless the bloke is a midget though

my dog Buck , is dam from Czech republic lines 24in 34kgs black , very laid back bitch great guard dog, and works with terriers controlling foxes on few shoots. this line of gsds i reckon prob the best type for a working Alsatian :yes:[font=helvetica, arial,gsdbitch3yearold.jpg
Great looking Bird , looks a big 24 " in that photo pal unless the bloke is a midget though

lol, yeh he not very tall 5ft 7in i think, but she good size bitch , if Buck stood by him he look like a pony lol, Buck 28in .!!

My digging partner keeps a few and he gets them if his cousin he imports them and trains them for security work. He said he can't get what he wants in this country any more. The ones they keep are a fine example of what they should look like.

• Like 1

The sight of dogs is energising her, when that said energy can't be acted on it turns into fear , I would think she was wildly social as a pup, her dog aggression is just blocked attraction , the attraction to dogs has been labelled as fear

In this case I'll tell you what an e collar will do, you put an e collar on her and bring her out she will not only associate dogs as fearful but you throw a shock on top of that and you will drive her f***ing bonkers at the very sight of a dog , she will compute that the other dog is causing the shock because that is the most intense object in her environment at that time

The trick with her is to let her release energy into an item or sleeve that can take all the aggression she has misdirected , eventually letting her work the sleeve in sight of another dog that way she will associated the calm and release she feels is promoted by the other mutt ,

E collar is a bad idea in a situation like hers , it has its uses but not in this case , nothing wrong with her that can't be fixed

Edited by Casso
  • Like 3

My dutchie boy has some dog aggression issues, not towards my own dogs but strange dogs have to be very carefully introduced usually he is muzzled and the new dog is only introduced if its a bitch/puppy or submissive male

we had an interesting encounter in the vets last week when going for a checkup on his leg... A petowner had a very fat aggressive lab that he didnt know how to control trying to challenge my boy luckily for the lab owner i had my boy under control or there would have been a dead lab

Bindy..3_zpspagkajhv.jpg

:thumbs:

Bindy..3_zpspagkajhv.jpg

Another cracking sable bitch :thumbs:

Bindy..3_zpspagkajhv.jpg

Nicely put together. Like the type my grandfather used to have and straight strong back and hind quarters like the one in the English Pathe video clips.

Cheers. :thumbs:

Another pic of her below the other day, she is a excellent guard dog and personal protection dog !!.

post-86469-0-72379900-1458141083_thumb.jpg

My mate came second in the gundogs with the chesapeake ,and in all honesty its a cracking working dog aswell .

Fair play to your mate it's good to hear about show dogs that do a bit of work too :thumbs: