Crufts 2016

Just after googling it. How can they say this is what a good example of a German Shepard should look like. Give it 10/20 years they will have the breed ruined.

Apparently the show people had Schutzhund as a sport changed,they had the courage test and a 9 foot wall jump removed,because their dogs stood no chance at them.

I don't know how true it is,but it really wouldn't surprise me.

This dog was obviously special in his day,but I'd bet there isn't a roach backed shepherd in the world capable of anywhere near this

Edited by neems
  • Like 3

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree, very sad to see. !! Below is my working german shepherd, this is how they should look like.    

Just a couple of pics for comparison. This is my working line GSD from the Czech republic. she's another 23tts and 33kgs in weight and will be 2 at the end of april

true max, Buck will run all night, jump 5 bar gates for fun, best bag 36 rabbits in the lamp , them show crap things can just about move. Buck dam was from e/e + Belgium lines, what Alsatians w

Posted Images

true max, Buck will run all night, jump 5 bar gates for fun, best bag 36 rabbits in the lamp :thumbs: , them show crap things can just about move. Buck dam was from e/e + Belgium lines, what Alsatians were like 100 years ago, the kc breeders need banning from dogs in general :yes:

Buck 1x gsdx grey

DSCN0453_zps7vmaftmk.jpg

Im not really a fan of alsatian types myself but thats a nice healthy looking animal.

Edited by gnasher16

About 2.18,imagine that 'best of breed' GSD performing that jump.

It wouldn't walk away in 1 piece if it even jumped down from that height.

good clip like the black gsd in the clip :thumbs:

true max, Buck will run all night, jump 5 bar gates for fun, best bag 36 rabbits in the lamp :thumbs: , them show crap things can just about move. Buck dam was from e/e + Belgium lines, what Alsatians were like 100 years ago, the kc breeders need banning from dogs in general :yes:

Buck 1x gsdx grey

DSCN0453_zps7vmaftmk.jpg

Im not really a fan of alsatian types myself but thats a nice healthy looking animal.

thanks gnash :thumbs: , yeh in top shape doing great hunting ticking all the boxes for me , its a pity the breed gone down hill, was great breed 100 years ago, they were more like what Buck is today, not like the show rubbish to day. a (well bred Alsatian ) put power, good feet+coat , brain, speed+agilty and plenty of guts in to any dog line, but like been said you got to really do your homework , and get the right working lines to start with :yes:

• Like 2

Just a couple of pics for comparison. This is my working line GSD from the Czech republic. she's another 23tts and 33kgs in weight and will be 2 at the end of april

Cracker pal :thumbs: I much prefer the dark sable or mostly black GSDs compared to the classic black and gold.

What's her temperament like?

• Like 1

Thank you, I have to admit to preferring black and tans or the reverse mask dogs to even the dark sables but I like the dogs in my bitches lines so was happy when I was given the opportunity to take one from her litter.

Temperament wise she is quite prey driven as expected from a 5th bloodline dog but she settles well in the house around my kids (aged 5 and 7) and there friends. She is naturally protective of us and our property. I haven't done man work with her but her search work for an article or person is relentless. Downsides to her is that she is very dog aggressive to the point that I'm looking for a e-collar, something I never thought I'd consider using and feel like I've failed her, and she eats dog sh17 if given the chance but all in all very happy

• Like 1

Lovely,what do they use them for in Czech prison dogs?

Nowadays their mainly schutzhund and IPO sport dogs but that depends on which bloodlines you go for.

If you Google 'pohranicni stratze' or Czech border patrol then loads of information comes up some of which is romantic bollocks but there's other interesting stuff especially on Alpinek9 forum and DDR Legends

my dog Buck , is dam from Czech republic lines 24in 34kgs black , very laid back bitch great guard dog, and works with terriers controlling foxes on few shoots. this line of gsds i reckon prob the best type for a working Alsatian :yes:

[font=helvetica, arial,

gsdbitch3yearold.jpg

• Like 2

That Shepard looked terrible' walked terrible .A sad state of affairs when a dogs that far away from breed function and still wins it's class :(Bird you best send the kennel club a pic of Buck and show them a standard they should aim towards.

true max, Buck will run all night, jump 5 bar gates for fun, best bag 36 rabbits in the lamp :thumbs: , them show crap things can just about move. Buck dam was from e/e + Belgium lines, what Alsatians were like 100 years ago, the kc breeders need banning from dogs in general :yes:Buck 1x gsdx grey DSCN0453_zps7vmaftmk.jpg

Always knew that big dopey pup would shape up nice one day...

He's a credit Ray. ;)

That Shepard looked terrible' walked terrible .A sad state of affairs when a dogs that far away from breed function and still wins it's class :(Bird you best send the kennel club a pic of Buck and show them a standard they should aim towards.

true max, Buck will run all night, jump 5 bar gates for fun, best bag 36 rabbits in the lamp :thumbs: , them show crap things can just about move. Buck dam was from e/e + Belgium lines, what Alsatians were like 100 years ago, the kc breeders need banning from dogs in general :yes:Buck 1x gsdx grey DSCN0453_zps7vmaftmk.jpg

Always knew that big dopey pup would shape up nice one day...

He's a credit Ray. ;)

thanks paul, as you know he deff ticking all the boxes for me, he had great season :thumbs::yes: