First Season Dog

When a dog is ready for work it should be entered as much as possible within reason depending on the work ethic of the dog. I don't know anyone that puts a number in their mind and says when they get to that number they'll put the dog away until the next season! To do that would be trying to achieve a goal that you expect and your not thinking about the bigger picture. Numbers to me don't mean anything, to some lads it does but i would be more inclined to be assessing how the dog preforms and the determination to get results every time it is given the opportunity. Every dog is different so how can anyone put a number on a first season dog that you don't even know how it's going to work is a guess at best. So why worry about the number of digs you want to have in the first season? As long as the dog does its job and seems to enjoy it's work and take everything in his/her stride and you get results each time then that's the main priority to me.

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 8

The dogs a mixer when needed and had a 9foot dig a couple of 7foot digs no messing about and as for digging every weekend I having been but I had 4 digs in one weekend before I stopped I have no need to lie about my dogs either

• Like 2