The Beauty Of Nature, "add Yours"

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took this pic on my old Samsung Galaxy S3 phone on the 16th March 2016 on Rannoch Moor,Glencoe,Scotland..  

north Wales last season. Atb dc

Posted Images

Well any body else noticed how early every thing is? 

Blue Tits prospecting and cleaning the entrance to the nest box.P1200730.jpeg.cc31fb44377e1d09d5880349b36f03ac.jpeg

P1200728.jpeg.ae44e02ad95e37bc7c14ffd78413784a.jpeg

Then last week noticed Frog spawn, yesterday it seemed to have gone. I thought some thing had eaten it but on closer inspection some have hatch out, don't think I can remember Tadpoles in February before.

P1200735.jpg.9655d4e396a3492cb7b59eb2ffa71259.jpg

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
Bloody predictive text
  • Like 6

I took a sheet off an old plough I am going to stick on ebay, i then noticed the chickens after something, on inspection it was a big old toad he was ok, so I chucked him in the pond out the way, he soon went off on his way.

Edited by two crows
On 24/02/2019 at 07:00, two crows said:

I bricked up a gable that fell down,  and where the old window was I made them a sparrow coat lol

DSCF7056.JPG

nice idea replacing the window with the bird boxes and you have done a nice clean looking job, but......why did you cut the bricks to the centre of the coarses under the bottom sill, doing it that way has thrown your perps out, the same has happened where you have cut in the small bricks up the sides, it just doesn't look quite right, also the bottom sill of the bird boxes should have gone from wall to wall like you do with window sills to get rid of the water trap......i'm not saying you have done a bad job at all.....just my views

the cut bricks underneath are called a zip course it is coursed by the wall length not working bricks so you do that to avoid opening your perps two three quarters one course header on the next if you are not starting from scratch you cant alter the bond as I was toothing in to existing ends, on a reveal up a window (or on a corner ) when doing english garden wall bond you use a queen closer (quarter brick ) to avoid straight joints on your header course hope this helps, these hand made bricks are called ewerby yellows and are not very uniform in length, I suppose today most 9" work would still be carried out using half bond (stretchers only ) I have only been laying bricks for 43 years so still got a bit to learn, hear is a picture showing whole job.

DSCF7054.JPG

• Like 6