The Beauty Of Nature, "add Yours"

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

found an otter on my way to renew my fishing licences this morning....hit by a car in front of me,stopped and poor f****r was still alive,so took it to the vets in usk,my good deed for the yr...didn't think to take a pic?

Bad news for the barbel mate, the Bristol Avon has been decimated by them, we will have to get the rods out before the seasons over, a lot of the captive bred otters that get released round here get hit by cars, if you get the vet to scan it some of them have a chip in ?

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took this pic on my old Samsung Galaxy S3 phone on the 16th March 2016 on Rannoch Moor,Glencoe,Scotland..  

north Wales last season. Atb dc

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Greyman said:

Bad news for the barbel mate, the Bristol Avon has been decimated by them, we will have to get the rods out before the seasons over, a lot of the captive bred otters that get released round here get hit by cars, if you get the vet to scan it some of them have a chip in ?

he was on the usk....game river,no barbel?

• Like 1

Went for walk with the wife along Slapton Sands today, it was like a summers day. If any body is interested the road it now open from one end to the other. Walking along the tide line nice to see some Rays eggs among the flotsam and jetsam.

P1200704.jpeg.1708f51884beb21c732efe8f5cf4108c.jpeg

Then at the back of the beach the what I call "Old Mans Beard" shining as it seems to climb the cliffP1200705.jpeg.c3d331cf899e45cd0aea5f75fdfb1f01.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 7
On 11/02/2019 at 14:07, Arry said:

Went for walk with the wife along Slapton Sands today, it was like a summers day. If any body is interested the road it now open from one end to the other. Walking along the tide line nice to see some Rays eggs among the flotsam and jetsam.

P1200704.jpeg.1708f51884beb21c732efe8f5cf4108c.jpeg

Then at the back of the beach the what I call "Old Mans Beard" shining as it seems to climb the cliffP1200705.jpeg.c3d331cf899e45cd0aea5f75fdfb1f01.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Mermaids purses when we were kids, think it was just an easy way for the old man to get some pub hours in while sending the kids to look for a mermaids purse ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Greyman said:

Mermaids purses when we were kids, think it was just an easy way for the old man to get some pub hours in while sending the kids to look for a mermaids purse ???

Been there mate. Yea we still call them Mermaids purses, lucky there was no money in them or my old man would not come out til closing time. Lol. 

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Chaff said:

My daughter always looks for mermaid jewelry as we call it, little bits of polished smooth coloured glass.

The Wife loves picking up the Sea Glass and all the other rocks, she has heart shaped stones dotted all around the garden in amongst the flowers, Lol.

If the family meets up in the winter for a walk on the beach, we have a little competition to see who can find the best heart shaped stone or egg shape or the blackest you get the jest of it. Kids love it.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1