Fuel Duty To Rise.........?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're confusing is with the French, who would probably get up and actually do something ! Osborne knows the worst we will do is a tut and a roll of the eyes !

Just have to close the motorways then if they start taking the pish. Lorries and tractors will do the job lovely.

Just a thought, but why don't they tax big corporations as they should, that would bring a few quid in. Not very likely though when the people calling the shots own big corporations is it

f***ing better not iam enjoying see the litres digits go higher then the pound signs these days one thing I've never understood is why they want too rape us on fuel

Because we are so dependant on it. Easy money for them.

TC

• Like 1

f***ing better not iam enjoying see the litres digits go higher then the pound signs these days one thing I've never understood is why they want too rape us on fuel

TC

aye I really need too buy me a horse again them fuckers were always easier

TC

They are committed to reducing income tax, removing workers from the tax bracket, not increasing VAT, "green taxes" have been removed from energy bills etc etc etc........so they have to get the income from somewhere - and, in the fuel duty accelerator, they can exploit a captive market. The number of smokers and pub-goers have gone down, so who's next in the cross hairs ? They could even dress it up as an environmental protection measure - those pesky diesel drivers and their cheap fuel.......!!

SO much scope to rip us off !!

Just have to close the motorways then if they start taking the pish. Lorries and tractors will do the job lovely.

• Like 2

You're confusing is with the French, who would probably get up and actually do something ! Osborne knows the worst we will do is a tut and a roll of the eyes !

• Like 3

As much as I agree and am outraged by this move to increase duty, the fact is we are still running a deficit of around £70B. Before we can really condemn this increase in duty we need to offer an alternative solution!

Osborne has been after raising duty for a few years now. the oil downturn has offered him the opportunity to do this without the taxpayer feeling too much of a pinch. Of course the duty wont be dropped again once the oil price recovers! But still the real issue remains, how do we find £70B a year to close the deficit?

Especially when it's got bigger under Osbornes stewardship !!........

Has it? In 2010 when Osborne become Chancellor the deficit was £149B according to the June budget. The deficit for 2015 was £69B. From what I'm looking at it's steadily dropped year on year. As a percentage of GDP it's gone from 11% to less than 4%.

I might be looking at bullshit figures or are you thinking of the National Debt?

By stopping all foreign aid and Voteing to get OUT the EU might be a start.

Right, well they're the obvious ones and have got it down to something like £50B. That's ignoring any economic costs that those measures might have, which probably isn't worth speculating on for the purposes of this.

What comes next are cuts to real services. Pensions, welfare, NHS, police, defence, education etc etc. Or alternatively we tax another area, the corporations and the rich are often a popular bunch to beat, until it becomes counter productive and negatively affects the economy.

As you know BH, they can make numbers say anything so mine, yours or both of our information may be flawed.....I think you will find that it is actually rising every week by 1.5 billion pounds !

Our deficit is 1.5 TRILLION pounds !!

Edited by WILF