South Africa

A deer hound would be NO good out there, the heavy coat is NO good for the climate, = you have poisonous, Ticks, that can bite your hound rough coat or smooth, makes no difference to the deadly tick, the animals blood turns to water, ITs called BIlliry, yes you can put a special tick collar on, but they can latch on to the dogs tail or under its soft parts, next is the ground, its rock hard, a sand, small hard grains, you can get a real heavy downpour, and within a few hours you would not know it had rained, you can buy a proper Boerhound, (( windhound, that is seasoned to the climate, and conditioned to the elements of South Africa, I lived there, when the exchange rate was 1.8 rands to the £, Now its around 13Rands to the £ very dangerous for the white, especially for your wife, A very beautiful country, and climate at least 9 months sunshine a year or more, I do not know the population of the black community, they receive no unemployment benefits or nothing, crime is there next step,I used to keep Dobermans, and a x

Rhodesian ridge-back /greyhound great watchdog, and hunter, wish you luck on your Adventure, do your home work first,

• Like 1

I am moving to South Africa and would like to get in contact with anyone in the game that or pint me in the right direction I own deerhounds n want to keep them working any help would be great

Good luck down there with the work and hunting. Put up a few pics from time to time.

A deer hound would be NO good out there, the heavy coat is NO good for the climate, = you have poisonous, Ticks, that can bite your hound rough coat or smooth, makes no difference to the deadly tick, the animals blood turns to water, ITs called BIlliry, yes you can put a special tick collar on, but they can latch on to the dogs tail or under its soft parts, next is the ground, its rock hard, a sand, small hard grains, you can get a real heavy downpour, and within a few hours you would not know it had rained, you can buy a proper Boerhound, (( windhound, that is seasoned to the climate, and conditioned to the elements of South Africa, I lived there, when the exchange rate was 1.8 rands to the £, Now its around 13Rands to the £ very dangerous for the white, especially for your wife, A very beautiful country, and climate at least 9 months sunshine a year or more, I do not know the population of the black community, they receive no unemployment benefits or nothing, crime is there next step,I used to keep Dobermans, and a x

Rhodesian ridge-back /greyhound great watchdog, and hunter, wish you luck on your Adventure, do your home work first,

Good post border lad. I was over there working about 2010, I was 20 years old and full of it. We went into the town one night for a few beers and a steak as the food was crap where we were staying.

We parked the hire car outside a little row of restaurants and a big black guy came and stood by the car and said in very broken English "I will watch the car for you". I said something along the lines of "piss off silly bollocks, we don't need you to watch the car". He opened his leather coat to reveal what looked like some sort of machine gun and said again "I watch the car" ?

Yes pal whatever you wanna do chief ?

When we came out he wanted money for looking after the car. It equated to no more than a few pound.

Different world out there.