Shot A Rabbit Today.....fleas?

what do you guys do with the rabbits when they have fleas... last few ive shot have had next to none so ive not been too bothered. this one musta had 20-30 fleas so ive left it hanging in my conservatory (well.....lean to more than a conservatory) overnight as its pretty near freezing in there hoping the fleas will bugger off so i can skin it without getting covered.

Also rabbit fleas and cats.....is my wife gonna bitch at me for giving the cat fleas?

posted here as i couldnt find a section on rabbits

Just hang the rabbits and most of the beggars jump off when the meat goes cold.

Rabbits and fleas go hand in hand. So expect a motor full if your throwing the rabbits in the back of the family car.

You could always skin your bunnies in the field.

I shot a rabbit last year which had the worst flea problem I have ever seen. It was crawling. A big waste but it got tossed in the hedge and left.

To add. It's ticks you got to watch.

I took the wife's 4x4 a couple of years ago and threw a load of rabbits in the back. The day after my youngest ended up with a tick buried in his ear.

Its full of mixy were i do a bit day time and their walking with fleas hundreds do be on them ill take a pic of the next one i get

I know what you mean about mixi and fleas. But this rabbit was something else.

If im ferreting I just gut them and freeze them fleas and all laming I leave them in the box in the garage till I get up the next day and theres usually loads in the bottom of the box and I just wash them away when im washing the blood off . but rabbit fleas wont affect anything else

• Like 1

ah good stuff cheers guys. they dont really bother me as my hunting gear stays in the van where the rabbits and game bag go. just dont want to fill the house with em. ill prob hang them and wash them next day before skinning. garage stays very cool in the summer when the lean to gets hot. i normally night shoot so i cba skinning on the back of the van at like 2 in the morning prob end up skinning my own hand first

Its full of mixy were i do a bit day time and their walking with fleas hundreds do be on them ill take a pic of the next one i get

I know what you mean about mixi and fleas. But this rabbit was something else.

I can only imagine what that one was like i got one the other day and it ears was black with them

yeah i shot a mixi within 5 minutes of finishing the boundarys tour of my new perm. for this time of year the fleas were horrendous! Had to use a stick to hedge the poor bugger as i didnt wanna get anywhere near that many.