Bringing A Bitch Into Season

• 5 years later...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a couple of lads that have had the jab and the bitch hasn't took.Ive heard a teaspoon of wheatgerm oil on their grub once a day is meant to bring them in and royal jelly is meant to be another

If you can even get some bedding from a mates kennels that a bitch was living in while fully in heat and put it your bitches box might bring her in

If your working the bitch hard that could delay her seasonal break as could the trauma to her chest. What age is the bitch?Has she had seasons before if so 6 monthly or yearly? If you can kennel her w

On 28/08/2021 at 14:10, Bluestaffie said:

Just wondering if giving royal jelly and she comes in on the 15th day when do I take her to the dog 

When she's ready to stand .. 

• Like 1
On 28/08/2021 at 14:10, Bluestaffie said:

Just wondering if giving royal jelly and she comes in on the 15th day when do I take her to the dog 

15th day....its very easy to miss the ovulation....some bitches will stand very early and ovulate very early...bitch i bred last year broke on wednesday....she was standing by the monday which is day 6....the sire couldnt do the deed....but he did on wednesday which is day 8 ....i carried on mating her  every day till the sunday which was day 12....

her litter was born exactly 9 weeks from the first mating on a wednesday ....day 8 

the point is dogs can be ovulating very early in there season .....and its always better to be early than late....all you loose is time and diesel money....

let me just add most lads dont count the days correctly either......they try and note the first day....then think ....oh two week from now.....which they think is day 14 its not its day 15....

they forget to count the first day they see blood as day 1...and lets not forget its very easy to miss the first day or two

i had this discution with a mate.....he kept on saying she broke friday so i will go to the stud thursday the week after.....eventualy i perswaded him to go sunday before wich was day 10.....he thought it was day 9 ....he went a few more times over the next week.....the bitch had her pups 9 week from the monday .....which was 9 week from the 11th day

• Like 2
On 28/08/2021 at 23:10, Bluestaffie said:

I had a russell bitch that would stand the day she came on heat and conceive and a whippet that would only stand for a couple of hours on the 11th day to the dot.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, moonlighter said:

Yea I have, but my bitch still had a bad labour. 2 died inside and I had to go to the vets to have an injection to get the dead ones out. 

Sorry to hear that,did you previously have trouble getting the bitch to come in season.

Had a bitch here that never came in season right from the start after a lot of trying and bringing to the vets and trying galastop she came in but didn't hold the dog I used.. After 9 years and no hope of a pup from her a bitch kenneled beside her brought her in and as the dog I wanted to use was in with her I got them to hold and 9 weeks later she had 2 pups one still born and one now that's 12 weeks old and flying..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Sorry to hear that,did you previously have trouble getting the bitch to come in season.

No, she came into season regular. I was recommended to use raspberry leaf as it’s supposed to help with birthing. I’m not sure how, but I know women take it to during pregnancy. 

Got a bull bitch that had her first season 3 months ago at 16 months old. Think if your going to breed and want to up the odds of not missing it. Couple of trips to the vet/ fertility get the bitches bloods done. Ok it costs about 30 quid but atoest you know your stacking odds in your favour. I also put her round another bitch in season to try bring her in as I thought it was a little strange she hadn’t had one up to then. Within a few days she came in . 

• Like 1