Birds "please Add Yours"

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some great photos already.   These are some of my favorites I have taken                 Grey Wagtail   Kestrel

Had a bit of luck today. SD.

Short eared owl       Great spotted woodpecker     Nuthatch    

Posted Images

5 hours ago, PINNACLE said:

Nice photo as not the easiest birds to get as never still, I am hearing and seeing lots at the moment.

I seem to have stumbled across section of woodland that has lots of different species all living close together for some reason. I'm keen to get back there before the tree's fill with leaves and make thing even more difficult.

when I was a kid we lived next to a huge wood and I spent far to much time in it but it had a massive verity of birds inc chaffinch greenfinch bullfinch hawfinch brambling redpolls chiffchaff willow warblers song thrush mistlthrush blackbirds all the doves jays three types of owl gold crests tree creepers gold finches tree sparrows blackcaps white throats garden warbles robins blue tits great tits cole tits 3 types of wood pecker, and more from that you can see how rich it was and how good the nesting was for a boy back then, thinking about it in my garden where I am now I have had a lot of species from gold crests to red kites I must count up.

• Like 3

SNOWY OWL

BPW_8990.JPG.4baf9cfd162e9f2a4e469cbbbecb14de.JPG

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Chaff said:

Found some stone chats today not the best photos, but I will return without wife kids and dog IMG_20190324_152349.jpg.05a0028d9b70b540c72d738dcbad31c4.jpg

Nice, I saw one a couple of days ago.  Was up on the moors today looking for early wheatears........had a cracking little owl on a trail cam I set up to catch a barn owl on a single fence post up a rough field margin.  Have seen the barnie hunting the strip but the little owl was a bonus.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, bell said:

Nice, I saw one a couple of days ago.  Was up on the moors today looking for early wheatears........had a cracking little owl on a trail cam I set up to catch a barn owl on a single fence post up a rough field margin.  Have seen the barnie hunting the strip but the little owl was a bonus.

Been years since I last saw a little owl, one of my faves. I had a walk out with a mate and his red tailed hawk, saw a peregrine, kites,kestrels, buzzards and barnowl the best thing about it is no people!

Looking forward to the summer month's to hopefully get some barn owls on the camera, if I have acquired the necessary skills to do so by then lol

• Like 1