Birds "please Add Yours"

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some great photos already.   These are some of my favorites I have taken                 Grey Wagtail   Kestrel

Had a bit of luck today. SD.

Short eared owl       Great spotted woodpecker     Nuthatch    

Posted Images

Goldfinch,s were very rare when I was a lad, even bullfinchs were more prolific so should not get complacent, never seems to be a healthy population of all the main finch,s it’s always one or two types doing really well and one or two really struggling, greenies and chaffies seem to be really struggling near me the last few years and bullies a once a year treat 

Loads of Goldfinch's this year few Greenfinch and Chaffinches my brother in law has quite a few Bullfinches, but he is surrounded by fields. But as Greyman says the Greenfinches have really dropped in numbers in the last couple of years. On a different note out with the ferrets on the coast in fields just above the cliffs there was a big flock of Cirl buntings nice sight, just staying a head of us by five or ten yards.

Cheers Arry

They are up here in quite large numbers around saltholme and the mouth of the river Tees but I remember when I was a young un out with the lamping lads we used to see flocks of them in fields further inland, I can’t of seen that for over 20 years