For The Guys Who Work All Week

Why can't you walk dogs in the dark? I work full time and walk the dogs for a couple of hours when I get home, and a shorter walk before. Not sure what the problem is with the dark?

I do walk them in dark who said there was a problem

so what are you asking? how do we walk the dogs working full time as it is dark? We walk them in the dark the same as we walk them in the daylight?

Why can't you walk dogs in the dark? I work full time and walk the dogs for a couple of hours when I get home, and a shorter walk before. Not sure what the problem is with the dark?

so what are you asking? how do we walk the dogs working full time as it is dark? We walk them in the dark the same as we walk them in the daylight?

Yeah a walk in the dark is a walk in the dark hardly a mooch isit?? Which is what mine are used to ,and pup thats on at minute would be gone in a sec also not into the habit of lettin the pup off of the lead hunting up in the dark not smart idea isit clever chap

Yeah a walk in the dark is a walk in the dark hardly a mooch isit?? Which is what mine are used to ,and pup thats on at minute would be gone in a sec also not into the habit of lettin the pup off of the lead hunting up in the dark not smart idea isit clever chap

you can't walk your dogs off lead in the dark? I have 8 who are off lead running in the dark . We walk the same daylight or not. I never had problems with pups or adult rescues in the dark. I guess its all in the training clever chap?

40 hours is part time ?

On a serious note I'm glad I work nights now. It's so much better for the dogs and ferrets.

I can work 60-70 hours a week and do most weeks, still do the usual kids swimming and boxing classes, running the missus around, still hit the gym couple times a week and the dogs get a good 2-3 hour mooch every day without fail. Often with a ferret in tow. And still get the odd night lamping in when I'm off.

I used to work mon-fri 9-5 and couldn't fit half the stuff in what I do now.

I usually get up and take them out for a quick round the block to empty them out, put the terriers away and then run a couple of miles on the road with my lurchers before work, then when im home after work give them all a 3/4 mile walk and another quick one round the block last thing at night, but what I have found really helps keep them calm is to have a couple of hours in the house in the evening. I find it reinforces the pack thing. But I always house train them as pups so I realise not everyone could have them inside.

• Like 1

you can't walk your dogs off lead in the dark? I have 8 who are off lead running in the dark . We walk the same daylight or not. I never had problems with pups or adult rescues in the dark. I guess its all in the training clever chap?

Good lad yourself i already do what im doing the point in the thread was to see what others routine is thanks lol