Sign in to follow this  
Gaz_1989

Jok's Take On A Treble Bow Back Box...

Like them Moxy. Look well made and using a piano hinge is always good. Don't mind them latches either. However, looking at the others, it would appear that 'slung round the hips' is the way to go. I have never seen them before but have no problem making. I'm going for the one that socks has mainly because the others would take a bit more concealing. See what happens. Mate. I've just spotted the tilt front. Now that's an idea worth perusing. Looking at Naveks box, if you imagine cutting off the front corner roughly where the latch is and in line with the hinges we'd have the best of everything.

• Like 2

not as i know anything about them but that box of naveks looks ideal and moxys look class as well ,jok if you do what your suggesting and combine the 2 it would certainly look the dogs ,be good if others piped up about the sizes ,would they need to be much bigger for a hob? whats the reason for the slope ?

• Like 1

This started when W. Katchum (bless him) asked about a poachers box. Well WK you can see some great ideas so what do you want?. I love the idea of cutting off the front corner of a cube and having a Bowback. Size is immaterial. Mind you, we've till September to sort it Devon. Not sure about the slope. Think that would be a bit tricky. Does look smart though.

• Like 1

DSC00308.jpg

A version of a single I put together.

I put a slope on my boxes so your arm sits comfortably

Just have a play about and see what you can come up with jok, like iv said if it's practical it will work for me, and seeing the other bits and bobs you have done I have every faith in ye pal lol

not as i know anything about them but that box of naveks looks ideal and moxys look class as well ,jok if you do what your suggesting and combine the 2 it would certainly look the dogs ,be good if others piped up about the sizes ,would they need to be much bigger for a hob? whats the reason for the slope ?

Iv always thought the slope was for rain to run off, and stop lazy ferreting partners sitting on ye box all day lol

• Like 3

Well that's it. Gaz has collected his box and seen my ideas for w Katchum. I think he agreed not a bad idea so am going for it. Should be done middle of the week. I'll put up some pics as I go on.jok.

• Like 3

Yep collected the box today. Cracking bit of kit. Just what I hoped.

That middle pocket is really functional, pics below show it holding half a dozen nets, game carrier, mora knife, a couple of mk1 collars, a mk1 box and a pouch of spare batteries.

Not bad at all. Thanks again Jok...

900E4CAE-3410-4493-8E59-5B4AC1F818E4_zps

Plenty of room for my big Hobs...

600BE5AB-BD1B-40C9-BB4C-9923E3668CA7_zps

• Like 4

Seen the designs for W. Katchums box. Looks the dogs danglys. Will be just what you're after I think 👍🏼

Yep collected the box today. Cracking bit of kit. Just what I hoped.

That middle pocket is really functional, pics below show it holding half a dozen nets, game carrier, mora knife, a couple of mk1 collars, a mk1 box and a pouch of spare batteries.

Not bad at all. Thanks again Jok...

900E4CAE-3410-4493-8E59-5B4AC1F818E4_zps

Plenty of room for my big Hobs...

600BE5AB-BD1B-40C9-BB4C-9923E3668CA7_zps

That is a smart bit of kit and Jesus Christ that's some size hob! :icon_eek:

What do you use it on, foxes? :laugh:

Lol at BGD. They are both big lads.

Socks calls this one the polar bear 😂

A5DC202E-8BC3-43E3-8D47-69B0D6D0C62C_zps

• Like 2

can they get about the burries ok at that size? just thinking out loud here ,if they can wouldnt it save hassle just keeping hobs?

can they get about the burries ok at that size? just thinking out loud here ,if they can wouldnt it save hassle just keeping hobs?

I don't know if they find some small warrens a tight squeeze or not mate. They might do? No way of knowing really.

They bolt plenty of bunnys though.