Fly Rod Repair....

the thing is if you put a new ring or spliced a tip bit in you alter the action of the rod airflo should be able to help you with a new top section, failing that I know it your favourite rod you could always try boot fairs or ebay. if you get no joy i got a old fly rod here you can have for the postage

• Like 1

Can anybody recommend anyone who can repair the tip section on my favourite fly rod?

I'm awaiting a reply from Airflo about a replacement tip but unsure as to weather they will be able to help.

Cheers, Matt

for what it's worth, could you not take the broken tip section, strip the eyes off, then slide it back inside the main rod section, then re whip over the broken area to make it strong and put eyes back on? its been done on a 14ft match rod before with great success, just a thought,

Mad4it, I really appreciate your offer mate,

Airflow have butt and mid sections but no tips for this particular rod that isn't in production now.

Their customer service had been second to none after explaining my situation and have offered me a far better replacement for less than half the price.

They've really been great to deal with and I'm pleased with the outcome.

Just goes to show there are a few companies that value customers.

Matt

• Like 2

Novice fluff chucker..... I'm hardly a "purist"...... Dirty great spangly lures/blobs into a puddle full of stockies..... But I'd love to have a go on some small rivers on an evening hatch if that's the correct term!

Matt

Oh, I'd also like to thank Simon Howells at Airflo for sorting everything out......can't recommend em highly enough for customer service, above and beyond the call of duty when he didn't have to do a thing!

• 2 weeks later...

What area are you in Mattyg as I get a fair few guest tickets on the river club and would happily take you out to have a go at the wildlings? Failing that I can certainly sway you away from the christmas decoration flies :thumbs::laugh:

• Like 1