What Would You Do.......

So I have just bought myself another 7 acres, it has a mature wood (natural woodland trees) of about 3 and a half acres with some ponds and about 4 acres of rushy ground with ponds as well, a stream and some peat bog.....now I have bought for no other reason than to be a playground for me and the boy.

So apart from the obvious pheasants and feeding the ponds for wild ducks, what would any of you lads do on there?

I thought maybe a couple of wild pigs but it would be interesting to hear any other ideas.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It sounds dank. Section it up with dry banks and open ditches. Plant willow and alder to bind the base of the banks. MIxed with blackthorn you can then lay them into nice tight hedges that can be harv

Build a shack / cabin with him, bit of man space Pigs for sure

If it was me I'd put a post on The Hunting Life and see what ideas the good members of the site come up with.   Build a Sports Direct and sell secondhand Subaru's then offer lamping weekends in Jul

I already have a small farm of 6 acres and that will give me my reared meat and veg, this is really about wild food and a private little hunting place for me and the boy.

It would be hard too say what too do with ground like that if your not trying too make money out of it I'd ask your self what you need you got a log burner perhaps plant willows so you can cut your fire wood seasonal so you don't have too split your own logs plus it would help bring in birds

Edited by BIGLURKS
  • Like 2

It sounds dank. Section it up with dry banks and open ditches. Plant willow and alder to bind the base of the banks. MIxed with blackthorn you can then lay them into nice tight hedges that can be harvested for fire wood over the years. Great cover and wildlife habitat. Drop in a few artificials if you want, but to be honest, if you build it they will come. Run ditches to a central large pond, and stock it with a few fish. Give it 5/6 years you can have a few runs, a few digs, flighting duck, fishing and a nice open fire to come home to.

Works for me ;)

• Like 7