Temptation

TOM HEAVY

A few caught without any other dogs, just 2 Plummers working cover and catching,bringing them out,not bad for an hours bushing, WM

attachicon.giftess lamp +ferreting 008.jpg

I wish rabbits looked that clean and intact after my bushers made contact with them,whats salvaged would rarely keep a ferret fed.Useful looking mutts you have there mucker.

They're out 7 days all year round so I'd be disappointed if they weren't catching,the rabbits don't look so clean when opened up or skinned but they go as hawk food or dog food so it don't really matter,WM

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work cockers , which are good to beat and shoot over but as bashers to lurchers are limited . They rely too much on instruction, add a terrier / cocker x and they hunt and hold the line better imo.

Posted Images

i must be a poor trainer my terriers catch rate is maybe one in a hundred. :yes: that would be around one every three years :laugh: and non of my terriers have caught a healthy rabbit in the open. i need to get out where you guys are at :yes:

you just need a remote control rabbit lol,s that's where you are going wrong,TH had a good offer to see how its done for himself and if you were closer you would get the same deal,nothing special but they will kill anything put in front of them without infighting or being bad tempered,WM

I would say terriers catching that rate of rabbits in cover without mixy would be classed as not the norm WM and as for catching in the open I can only dream with my stumpy terrier. Although in fairness any healthy rabbit caught out in the open by a terrier deserves to be in the pot atb

I would say terriers catching that rate of rabbits in cover without mixy would be classed as not the norm WM and as for catching in the open I can only dream with my stumpy terrier. Although in fairness any healthy rabbit caught out in the open by a terrier deserves to be in the pot atb

Matt,that rabbit had the beginnings of "myxie" mate,just a wind up for the knobs and doubters that do the same LOL's, WM

Yes kind of guessed that WM. Cracking little pack you have. Will probably go down the Plummer route for my next terrier as I think they would suit my needs working alongside the lurchers. Be a few years down the line though sadly as got no room at the inn at the moment with a young runner and 3 others atb

• Like 1

Have no interest in hunting rabbits with terriers, that's why I keep lurchers and ferrets.

As for a trip out, give your head a wobble man !!!!!!!!!

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see !!! One of your quotes I believe.

You could answer me a question though,

How do you justify using an untested puppy as a stud dog ?

• Like 2

I quite often like to dress up in my birds underwear when she's out and dance around the garden to Morrissey in the rain, it really excites me,TH

This is not that kind of dogging site mate,seek help as Morrissey can get addictive,WM

Edited by Plucky1
  • Like 3

Never meant a Blood test , the true test of work.

How else would you know if it's lacking.

Rabbits are a quarry not a test for a terrier surely.

Well my true test and yours differ,all my terriers work fox and that includes "Wilf",bolted a nice fox yesterday in decent company,your ex-mate John has a pup off me,your digging partner for years take him out and be educated,that bitch will do anything your bitch will and then some,she will surprise you,your other digging mate Gary has one also,given proper entering his should work below as well,you are beginning to sound like Foxdropper in your trolling of my Plummers, I have plenty of pics to ground and shot and retrieved above,Danny weighed in at 12lb in weight but he could hold a fox above or below easily,you forget I chose to keep these and got rid of all the "hard" type terriers,if they were of no use they would not be in my house,end of story, I'm sure there will be another question for me driven by your own insecurities and lack of experience of Plummers, I await your next test LOL's,WM

• Like 2

Aye and that piece paper there has been the ruination of many a dog.."that paper there means you can nock out a litter a year and charge 400 a pup....

I agree totally but you do need a background to breed quality Plummers, I do not register any of my dogs,only breed from known workers and I do sell them for 350 a pup, you have to pay for quality if I don't know you but do gift to friends,WM

Edited by Plucky1
  • Like 1