Temptation

TOM HEAVY

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work cockers , which are good to beat and shoot over but as bashers to lurchers are limited . They rely too much on instruction, add a terrier / cocker x and they hunt and hold the line better imo.

Posted Images

I work cockers , which are good to beat and shoot over but as bashers to lurchers are limited .

They rely too much on instruction, add a terrier / cocker x and they hunt and hold the line better imo.

Most cockers aren't as highly strung as most springers I've found.

My cock russel is a pleasure to work be it ratting bashing or beating.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

lovely sort Treehands - hours of fun I'll bet

• Like 1

Tom, the ears on a cocker or cross would get hammered in the heavy cover I work and at 650 it would be a costly mistake,a decent terrier with either russell or Plummer in it would do the job for you,it would get down any runs in cover easily and able to bush steadily all year round,I get out everyday bushing and my terriers smash any cover without damage,nettles are not a problem either,Gaz has been lucky with his Plummer in that it has some decent breeding in its paperwork but most are not of this standard,if you need any info on what lines to buy then pm me but a cross would do you and a third of the price,WM

i wouldn't fancy bushing with a terrier on basis it could easily drop in and you're stuck there then.

• Like 2

I'll try an get a few when am out in morn with them bosun,here's 1 from the other week

Acoupl people in the us run apbt x spaniels...on hog and coon

Seen them on acouple of sites they seem to make good finding dogs but with a bit of bottle about them

lad i know got litter brother to mine from what i here very useful,only seen it bushng myself once but i know he does lot beating/picking up broke to deer and does all the gun dogs do.

mine spaniel x patt just shy 3 year old

Screenshot_2015-10-29-16-22-01_zpsy8jdmw

oh and see them ears ..........they work tight bramble/blackberry every day :thumbs:

• Like 5