Temptation

TOM HEAVY

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/responsive/classifieds/1203665-superb-litter-working-cocker-spaniels-consett.html

what do you lads think?? also like the sounds of a failed earth dog, gaz plummer is smart and wouldn't mind something similar also, maybe see how a pure cocker goes and if all good get a terrier in a few seasons, then breed, hahaha!!

ATB

• Like 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work cockers , which are good to beat and shoot over but as bashers to lurchers are limited . They rely too much on instruction, add a terrier / cocker x and they hunt and hold the line better imo.

Posted Images

I wouldn't pay that sort of money Tom but your call mate. I'm sure it would do the job you want eventually.

If you want a Plummer then go see a couple work and then hang on for a pup. They are expensive but not £650. Think you can get pups for the £350/£400 mark.

i spoke to the breeder and prices are negotiable, i wreckon i could get down to £500, after all they are kc registered and come from what seems to be decent working lines, not that i know loads about gun dogs but i would be willing to pay for the right pup...

love the stamp of a pure cocker and like there high energy excitable temperaments, beautiful looking also, trying to keep my options open but you know what its like when your looking for summert...

ATB

I wouldn't pay that sort of money Tom but your call mate. I'm sure it would do the job you want eventually.

If you want a Plummer then go see a couple work and then hang on for a pup. They are expensive but not £650. Think you can get pups for the £350/£400 mark.

what line of plummers do you wreckon gaz?? like you tho wouldn't really want it dropping down to often, i think generally speaking a cocker might be easier to train, could be wrong...???

what line of plummers do you wreckon gaz?? like you tho wouldn't really want it dropping down to often, i think generally speaking a cocker might be easier to train, could be wrong...???

I'm new to the Plummer world mate and the names mean nothing to me really.

I am told that the Legion stuff is known for grafting, legion Amber and legion red etc. My bitch goes back to these lines. But I'm sure most of them will graft given the chance and more importantly the experience in the field.

I've never liked that highly strung temperament that goes with spaniels. But some love it. So each to their own.

This Plummer is very steady. Like a whippet around the house and garden. And like a demon in the field. Lol.

I'm fairly certain you could train one not to drop below from a young age. Mine is getting the hang of it already. I thought they were just a leggy Jack Russel but they are much steadier and much more biddable from what I've seen.

im sure as shit i wouldnt pay that either lol

• Like 1

If you are after a bus her there is one for sale in the classifieds that sounds like it would tick most boxes

could you elaborate a bit more on this please, where exactly am i looking?

Here

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/354271-bushing-bitch/?do=findComment&comment=4162159

gaz would you have another to pair with the 1 you have? or would you look at a X bred type like some of the belters off here???

I'm undecided mate. I will definitely have more than one busher in the future.

If this bitch carries on the way she's going I will breed her in a year or 2 and keep 2 bitch pups back. Wether I line her with a Plummer or another busher I don't know mate.

Plummer X whippet would be handy little Moochers come ferreters and suit me for what I do. That extra leg and whippet blood should deter them from dropping in. But again there are no guarantees. They wouldn't get where my Plummer gets though and the poor skin and coat would be a concern.

This Plummer looks like she's been through a mincer at the moment. Ears, nose, legs, neck and back all take some hammer when in the tight stuff.

I imagine a beddy cross or some of them purpose bred bushers would be a bit more "heavy duty". But she's only been at it 3 weeks and there's time for her skin to toughen up yet.