Mcgregor V Diaz

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a sign of the times thats all.....apart from guys like Ali or Ray Leonard most fighters would shy away from the cameras as they were not particularly bright and didnt come across well yet today "

Did you actually watch the fight ?.....the first round was ridiculously one sided but Mcgregor clearly hasnt carried the power up through the divisions he was catching him at will but wasnt putting a

The hype train has stopped and Mcgregor just got a taste of what Rhonda Rousey got .

I'll not lie....I'm gutted for Conor. But that's MMA. Hat off to Nate...as I thought he's one tough cookie. Knew it would be a submission though to beat Conor.

I think when Conor had him bust up in the 1st and won that round easy he should have kept on throwing that left. Went for the kill and got caught and never recovered.

Well done Nate.

He should have stayed back from him tbh and worked on that leg a little more, or something that would have effected nates bjj! Tbh I think he's made a bit of a c**t of himself and I think he got what was coming to him. Atleast holly went out like a champ and didn't tap LOL
I agree....should have stuck to what he was doing in the first. Kick the leg, drop a left. It was working.

I'd have liked to see him go to sleep as well actually......not so tough when it comes too it.

It's when your down there it all changes lab and you just want out lol, see it all the time mate my uncle has a Gracie barra gym and always getting grip house cage fighters coming in because they need the bjj, my own cousin was the same had 5 fights and won them but his ground work wasn't so good but he was colostrifobic and always just made sure he got the job done before any grappling! Changed to Muay Thai because of it n done well
Who does he train under for his muay thai mate?
He fought out of grip house mate, left though over ticket sales

Been talkin the day about last night, just told me he's been back at GH doing mma class so fingers crossed he gets back in there?

Fair play to lads doing any fight, takes balks to jump in the ring at any level,never mind the fitness /skill levels these are at.. 2 weight divisions is suicide tho, big difference isn't it... As it is tho, someone gonna win,some one gotta lose... Onwards and upwards to them both,

Credit where credit is due, McGregor could have taken easier options. I honestly thought he was biting off more than he could chew but he stepped up and tested himself which imo deserves respect despite the fact he failed. I am interested to see what he does next, he is still the lightweight champ...

He said he's not not fighting for the lightweight title. Said diaz should get the shot. Also Gnasher I'm not having a dig but do you still stand by mcgregors boxing is light-years ahead of diaz?

Of course he is.....i only have a passing interest in mma and i dont know much at all about the backgrounds of these 2 fighters but my guess would be Mcgregor has boxed probably not at pro level but definately to a reasonable amateur standard whereas id be surprised if Diaz has ever boxed a competetive round.....obviously the way that relates to a mma fight is neither here nor there im simply making the point that the level of boxing in mma is so low that a guy who has learned the basics of boxing stands out a mile.....look at the way Mcgregor delivers punches,glides in and out of range,the way he shifts his weight,gets the full turn of the hip etc......and once in range leaves escape routes these are all basic boxing fundamentals you learn as an amateur..........it doesnt mean to say it will beat guys in mma,particularly bigger guys it just means as a pure boxer he is leagues ahead.

Edited by gnasher16

Credit where credit is due, McGregor could have taken easier options. I honestly thought he was biting off more than he could chew but he stepped up and tested himself which imo deserves respect despite the fact he failed. I am interested to see what he does next, he is still the lightweight champ...

He said he's not not fighting for the lightweight title. Said diaz should get the shot. Also Gnasher I'm not having a dig but do you still stand by mcgregors boxing is light-years ahead of diaz?

Of course he is.....i only have a passing interest in mma and i dont know much at all about the backgrounds of these 2 fighters but my guess would be Mcgregor has boxed probably not at pro level but definately to a reasonable amateur standard whereas id be surprised if Diaz has ever boxed a competetive round.....obviously the way that relates to a mma fight is neither here nor there im simply making the point that the level of boxing in mma is so low that a guy who has learned the basics of boxing stands out a mile.....look at the way Mcgregor delivers punches,glides in and out of range,the way he shifts his weight,gets the full turn of the hip etc......and once in range leaves escape routes these are all basic boxing fundamentals you learn as an amateur..........it doesnt mean to say it will beat guys in mma,particularly bigger guys it just means as a pure boxer he is leagues ahead.
Ok at this point I will ask did you see the fight? Diaz basically done him with his boxing. Mcgregors had amatuer fights at youth level. Diaz regularly spars with professionals.

So who out boxed who in the first?

Ok at this point I will ask did you see the fight? Diaz basically done him with his boxing. Mcgregors had amatuer fights at youth level. Diaz regularly spars with professionals.

If Mcgregor and Diaz were 2 men of equal size fighting with 12 oz gloves in a boxing ring it wouldnt even be competetive.

. Also there was no size difference worth mentioning. 1lb

:D For about 10 minutes a few nights ago.

To think size didnt play a big factor in that fight is naive thinking.......Mcgregor cant make it as an excuse though i like his confidence but it can never spill over into arrogance.......jumping 25 odd pounds up in weight is arrogant.

• Like 1

Unsure but the stats don't lie. Diaz was more accurate and landed more regularly. He out boxed mcgregor to the win. Also there was no size difference worth mentioning. 1lb

I'm far from an expert but I read a very interesting thing earliern on. It was how Conor had to put on 15 pounds in 11 days. Which would have 100% effected his cardio.

He got caught and couldn't recover. This may have played a part in his defeat.

But Conor is far better boxer.

• Like 1

Unsure but the stats don't lie. Diaz was more accurate and landed more regularly. He out boxed mcgregor to the win. Also there was no size difference worth mentioning. 1lb
I'm far from an expert but I read a very interesting thing earliern on. It was how Conor had to put on 15 pounds in 11 days. Which would have 100% effected his cardio.

He got caught and couldn't recover. This may have played a part in his defeat.

But Conor is far better boxer.

Lol bring back the pride openweight grand prix those things were wild

I think there passed the days of basically pub scrappers going in the cage. You'll be wanting punching in the baws back next...?

Diaz is a 155 fighter so is he at a disadvantage having to jump up weight? And yes mcgregor was arrogant fighting at 170. I think he starves himself to get to 145 and is alot bigger than the featherweight fighters and would maybe be ok 155. However 170 was a joke. People grow into weight classes they don't do it simply by not cutting weight

He is whatever weight he can make why would he fight at 155 if he can do 145 ...... if they were the same size men Diaz would make 145 as well.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Don,t know much about mma, but mcGregor went up two weight division in 15 days he brought the weight but few days is not enough to bring the power, Aldo sat at featherweight, at least mcGregor tested himself, lights up mma what other fighter does it like him is great entertainment in press with his mouth typical Dub, mma is knew to us could be gone tomorrow mcGregor keeps it very interesting like no other fighter can do, don,t like the choke it is stupid, anyone could beat anyone with choke watch great fights then ends with stupid choke...

Don,t know much about mma, but mcGregor went up two weight division in 15 days he brought the weight but few days is not enough to bring the power, Aldo sat at featherweight, at least mcGregor tested himself, lights up mma what other fighter does it like him is great entertainment in press with his mouth typical Dub, mma is knew to us could be gone tomorrow mcGregor keeps it very interesting like no other fighter can do, don,t like the choke it is stupid, anyone could beat anyone with choke watch great fights then ends with stupid choke...

That's why it's called mma and not boxing.Nate was beating him standing up towards the end that's why gobshite made the stupid mistake of trying to take the fight to the ground then when nate started pounding him on the floor he turned his back on him.The second he turned over he'd given up.Diaz could have tried to take him to the floor a lot earlier knowing that's where he'd have the advantage but was happy to stand up and trade with him.
  • Like 1