Mcgregor V Diaz

Yeah you called it diaz boxing is shite compared to mcgregors

Did you actually watch the fight ?.....the first round was ridiculously one sided but Mcgregor clearly hasnt carried the power up through the divisions he was catching him at will but wasnt putting a dent in him and then got wobbled by the first hard shot he took.......its why their is weight divisions in fight sports you ignore them at your own risk and thats obviously where Mcgregors over confidence has got him.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a sign of the times thats all.....apart from guys like Ali or Ray Leonard most fighters would shy away from the cameras as they were not particularly bright and didnt come across well yet today "

Did you actually watch the fight ?.....the first round was ridiculously one sided but Mcgregor clearly hasnt carried the power up through the divisions he was catching him at will but wasnt putting a

The hype train has stopped and Mcgregor just got a taste of what Rhonda Rousey got .

Did you actually watch the fight ?.....the first round was ridiculously one sided but Mcgregor clearly hasnt carried the power up through the divisions he was catching him at will but wasnt putting a dent in him and then got wobbled by the first hard shot he took.......its why their is weight divisions in fight sports you ignore them at your own risk and thats obviously where Mcgregors over confidence has got him.

I've watched it twice and seen mcgregor loading up on his left hand leaning to his right and keeping his right hand low

:D ok mate.

Credit where credit is due, McGregor could have taken easier options. I honestly thought he was biting off more than he could chew but he stepped up and tested himself which imo deserves respect despite the fact he failed. I am interested to see what he does next, he is still the lightweight champ...

• Like 1

mc gregor got showed up for what he is...a mouth who had his fights hand picked for him... lol hes one clown to think capiero would even hold a candle to the gracies ground skills in brazillian ju jitsu...the mouth from the south will be quiet today I reckon....LOL.

• Like 3

McGregor is good stand up fighter no doubt about that, but has a lot to learn, you cannot seriously expect to jump two divisions and knock fighters out who have been hit by bigger men regular, like Gnasher said, weight divisions are there for a reason. McGregor needs to polish up his game, if he wants to keep his belt and carry on winning he needs to work on his ground game, any fighters who manage to ground him will have the edge on him. Credit were its due he stepped up and he got caught, time for him to go back to his natural weight division and polish his game up. He will be around for a while yet and making lots of money and giving plenty of entertainment. Good luck to him and any other fighter who are ready to put it on the line for us arm chair pundits to pick to bits.

• Like 2

I've watched it twice and seen mcgregor loading up on his left hand leaning to his right and keeping his right hand low
Was Nate in a car crash that I must have missed then? Or was it the repeated punches in the face that burst him open?..?

McGregor is good stand up fighter no doubt about that, but has a lot to learn, you cannot seriously expect to jump two divisions and knock fighters out who have been hit by bigger men regular, like Gnasher said, weight divisions are there for a reason. McGregor needs to polish up his game, if he wants to keep his belt and carry on winning he needs to work on his ground game, any fighters who manage to ground him will have the edge on him. Credit were its due he stepped up and he got caught, time for him to go back to his natural weight division and polish his game up. He will be around for a while yet and making lots of money and giving plenty of entertainment. Good luck to him and any other fighter who are ready to put it on the line for us arm chair pundits to pick to bits.

Just watched it on replay, you say hes a good stand up fighter but he just lost a fight due to his stand up against a feather fisted ground expert! Diaz is one division up from hes own as he fights at 155 not 170 Diaz had him rocking with the first half decent shot he landed mcgregor then folded, took the bjj black belt down ( great move!!) Then gave his back up because he couldnt handle what was coming. Just another overhyped fighterwith a big gob.

he wont keep the banyamweight title long, frankie edgar beats him in all aspects.

Edited by JDHUNTING

From the little ive seen of this Mcgregor kid he has better pure boxing ability than virtually anyone ive seen in mma......those Diaz lads were always described as good boxers and i could never understand it they are light years away from Mcgregor in terms of foot speed,distance and timing......the level of striking ive seen has been extremely poor in that sport and although Diaz always seemed a tough scrappy kid i often wonder about fighters who are just basic tough guys they tend to develop a losers mentality......its one thing being bang up for a fight its another to truly believe you can win it......must admit id lost interest in mma over the years but the Irish kid has got me watching bits again he,s certainly an interesting character.

and nates jiu jitsu is better than mcgregors

That's the skill dictating the fight to suit your gamplan

If ye can take them ye can take them, if not then your rocking and wide open?

I'm already looking forward to both there next fights. I can see if you don't like Conor then smugness comes in from a lot of people.

He got tagged trying to press a fight in my eyes....he could have done what he done in the first and won on points. He chose not to do that....maybe ego pushing him forward.

This was much like Ronda and Holm.

Conor won't shy away...he will be himself. He's also been very respectful of Nate post fight. He's a decent lad that's used his mouth to get him places. Intelligent lad.

• Like 2