Sign in to follow this  
downsouth

Mcgregor V Diaz

Wonder if he would if been so humble if he had won the fight?.. Certainly a tough bloke though .

Wonder if he would if been so humble if he had won the fight?.. Certainly a tough bloke though .

Defo a tough bloke who is great at what he does. Got point though I think getting beat maybe have brought him back down to earth and he will focus on fighting rather than money and creating a persona. Ufc game out next week him and rousey on the cover lolol

Don't forget Diaz took the fight on eleven days notice

Prior to this he has been training for a triathlon

No sparring

No camp

His hands a re rusty

When sparring he soars guys in the top ten apparently

I believe he boxes as well to keep his hands up to scratch

It's an unusual fight to critique

McGregor is a cheeky kid from Dublin with a good left hand and a lot of hard work that's about it , he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread,

The fact that he can take what qualities he has and chance his arm in the game and make himself a multimillionaire in the matter of a few years is mind boggling to me, he's a kid with a big mouth with nothing really of interest to say but what he does say seems to interest millions, ??

McGregor just did not have the power at that weight.

He looked to be blowing a little to.

Again probably to gaining to much weight.

Back down to somewhere near his natural fighting weight and hel be a success and entertaining with it once again .

One thing about these lads they not scared of getting beat like the Boxers and their managers are these days .

IMO that's the appeal

UFC is more real nowdays and for the best part paying fight fans get better value for their money.

Like McGregor a lot but he got caught up in his own hype, should have defended his own title against edgar or someone not go chasing bigger men, his power has not carried over and diaz is not a real banger but hurt him. Robbie Lawler would have knocked him into orbit.

he's a kid with a big mouth with nothing really of interest to say but what he does say seems to interest millions, ??

Its a sign of the times thats all.....apart from guys like Ali or Ray Leonard most fighters would shy away from the cameras as they were not particularly bright and didnt come across well yet today " image " is important unfortunately......i hate all the silly " kick your ass motherfucker " nonsense they come out with but what Mcgregor says interests millions because he is a very charismatic kid who dares to speak directly from the heart he is an engaging character and that draws people to you.

I think he is a very interesting guy with an interesting fighting style who is totally committed to his own beliefs....its very rare for any human being let alone a fighter to put themself on the line like that.....most people dont commit to their beliefs they just say " i was right " after the event but his total commitment to his own confidence requires a competetive spirit that is very appealing its just that most people dont have the guts to do it.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6

Looks like the rematch might be happening, would be a good fight imo would love to see it👍🏻

Mcgregors doing well to avoid edgar. Why have the diaz rematch now. Got down defend his title at featherweight.I reckon he knows edgar has the beating of him. A loss to edgar would completely derail his career

• Like 2

Your right there, another defeat to Diaz would put him right in his place eh. Surly he must be confident that he can get him or he would avoid and go back to FW? The talk is that it could go ahead again at 170 why not 155? Got to give it to CM he puts some work in to it, been back training Muay Thai last few weeks and forgot just how hard it can be! Sore all the time but loving it!

according to McGregor he is re matching Diaz in June then Edgar in September and I think dos anjos in December time will tell that came off his fb page

i love how conor fights but got owned by nate his power didnt bother Diaz so wats changed hard see him beat nate .conor wants it at 170 i belive .i tink Edgar dos anjos get conor on his back its over no ground defence at all time will tell hype train could crash again hope does well but blueprint is out on how to beat him imo

• Like 1

One thing with diaz is he is incredibly durable, i don't think many could take the shots McGregor landed, aparantly diaz had multiple facial fractures but he barely flinched during the fight. I knew McGregor would struggle and I give him nothing but credit for taking a rematch but i think he is crazy to fight him at 170. Diaz will get a full camp too. Cant deny McGregor's courage.

Ufc 200 Main event diaz vs mcgregor rematch. Edgar aldo co main for intrim featherweight title. How can you have an intrim champ when the proper one isn't even injured. Also what's the point of a diaz rematch it means nothin. Match making is getting like boxing. I'm losing interest next he will fight amir khan at 154 for a middleweight title