Mcgregor V Diaz

Don,t know much about mma, but mcGregor went up two weight division in 15 days he brought the weight but few days is not enough to bring the power, Aldo sat at featherweight, at least mcGregor tested himself, lights up mma what other fighter does it like him is great entertainment in press with his mouth typical Dub, mma is knew to us could be gone tomorrow mcGregor keeps it very interesting like no other fighter can do, don,t like the choke it is stupid, anyone could beat anyone with choke watch great fights then ends with stupid choke...

That's why it's called mma and not boxing.Nate was beating him standing up towards the end that's why gobshite made the stupid mistake of trying to take the fight to the ground then when nate started pounding him on the floor he turned his back on him.The second he turned over he'd given up.Diaz could have tried to take him to the floor a lot earlier knowing that's where he'd have the advantage but was happy to stand up and trade with him.

Yes he could have tried but at that point he was busy getting his face busted up. He had Conor up against the cage and he was easily pushed off. Strength was not an issue in the fight.

What was was the punching power....Conor underestimated it and was punished for it.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a sign of the times thats all.....apart from guys like Ali or Ray Leonard most fighters would shy away from the cameras as they were not particularly bright and didnt come across well yet today "

Did you actually watch the fight ?.....the first round was ridiculously one sided but Mcgregor clearly hasnt carried the power up through the divisions he was catching him at will but wasnt putting a

The hype train has stopped and Mcgregor just got a taste of what Rhonda Rousey got .

Yeah you called it diaz boxing is shite compared to mcgregors

Did you actually watch the fight ?.....the first round was ridiculously one sided but Mcgregor clearly hasnt carried the power up through the divisions he was catching him at will but wasnt putting a dent in him and then got wobbled by the first hard shot he took.......its why their is weight divisions in fight sports you ignore them at your own risk and thats obviously where Mcgregors over confidence has got him.

Couldn't of said it better myself. Should of been more patient and used his brain, but got clipped by a great shot. Needed to get to the end of the round but Diaz capitalised. 2 tough fellas with an abundance of skill and determination. Would rather watch 2 rounds of that than 12 rounds of Fury v Vlad :thumbs: .

• Like 1

I got worried end of the first when seen conner breathing really heavy and never seen him like that always one of his main weapons in think? Could being at the weight in short notice affect his performance? I mean it's relatively easy/quick to put the weight on after trying hardest to keep it down but did his lungs heart have chance to adjust to the weight in that time frame? And you got to give him credit 1 he didn't have to take the fight it was a huge risk to take and 2 he was TEEING off on Diaz and looked like a few more strikes Diaz would of been done but got too corky and thought he could walk through Diaz punches. But fair play Diaz

I got worried end of the first when seen conner breathing really heavy and never seen him like that always one of his main weapons in think? Could being at the weight in short notice affect his performance? I mean it's relatively easy/quick to put the weight on after trying hardest to keep it down but did his lungs heart have chance to adjust to the weight in that time frame? And you got to give him credit 1 he didn't have to take the fight it was a huge risk to take and 2 he was TEEING off on Diaz and looked like a few more strikes Diaz would of been done but got too corky and thought he could walk through Diaz punches. But fair play Diaz

I'm talking say half way through the second Diaz looked like a few more strikes might have finished him

Credit where credit is due, McGregor could have taken easier options. I honestly thought he was biting off more than he could chew but he stepped up and tested himself which imo deserves respect despite the fact he failed. I am interested to see what he does next, he is still the lightweight champ...

He said he's not not fighting for the lightweight title. Said diaz should get the shot. Also Gnasher I'm not having a dig but do you still stand by mcgregors boxing is light-years ahead of diaz?

Of course he is.....i only have a passing interest in mma and i dont know much at all about the backgrounds of these 2 fighters but my guess would be Mcgregor has boxed probably not at pro level but definately to a reasonable amateur standard whereas id be surprised if Diaz has ever boxed a competetive round.....obviously the way that relates to a mma fight is neither here nor there im simply making the point that the level of boxing in mma is so low that a guy who has learned the basics of boxing stands out a mile.....look at the way Mcgregor delivers punches,glides in and out of range,the way he shifts his weight,gets the full turn of the hip etc......and once in range leaves escape routes these are all basic boxing fundamentals you learn as an amateur..........it doesnt mean to say it will beat guys in mma,particularly bigger guys it just means as a pure boxer he is leagues ahead.
Ok at this point I will ask did you see the fight? Diaz basically done him with his boxing. Mcgregors had amatuer fights at youth level. Diaz regularly spars with professionals.
So who out boxed who in the first?
Unsure but the stats don't lie. Diaz was more accurate and landed more regularly. He out boxed mcgregor to the win. Also there was no size difference worth mentioning. 1lb
I'm far from an expert but I read a very interesting thing earliern on. It was how Conor had to put on 15 pounds in 11 days. Which would have 100% effected his cardio.

He got caught and couldn't recover. This may have played a part in his defeat.

But Conor is far better boxer.

Lol bring back the pride openweight grand prix those things were wild
I think there passed the days of basically pub scrappers going in the cage. You'll be wanting punching in the baws back next...?
Lol naw just headbutts. Those things were martial arts in its truest form. You done stop an attacker in the street and ask what weight he is lol
I miss the headbutts too and the knees to the head on the ground. I bet the jiu jitsu guys liked the rule changes, it is that much harder to submit someone when copping headbutts or a knee that you probably won't see coming.

Don't forget Diaz took the fight on eleven days notice

Prior to this he has been training for a triathlon

No sparring

No camp

His hands a re rusty

When sparring he soars guys in the top ten apparently

I believe he boxes as well to keep his hands up to scratch

It's an unusual fight to critique

McGregor is a cheeky kid from Dublin with a good left hand and a lot of hard work that's about it , he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread,

The fact that he can take what qualities he has and chance his arm in the game and make himself a multimillionaire in the matter of a few years is mind boggling to me, he's a kid with a big mouth with nothing really of interest to say but what he does say seems to interest millions, ??

Like McGregor a lot but he got caught up in his own hype, should have defended his own title against edgar or someone not go chasing bigger men, his power has not carried over and diaz is not a real banger but hurt him. Robbie Lawler would have knocked him into orbit.

he's a kid with a big mouth with nothing really of interest to say but what he does say seems to interest millions, ??

Its a sign of the times thats all.....apart from guys like Ali or Ray Leonard most fighters would shy away from the cameras as they were not particularly bright and didnt come across well yet today " image " is important unfortunately......i hate all the silly " kick your ass motherfucker " nonsense they come out with but what Mcgregor says interests millions because he is a very charismatic kid who dares to speak directly from the heart he is an engaging character and that draws people to you.

I think he is a very interesting guy with an interesting fighting style who is totally committed to his own beliefs....its very rare for any human being let alone a fighter to put themself on the line like that.....most people dont commit to their beliefs they just say " i was right " after the event but his total commitment to his own confidence requires a competetive spirit that is very appealing its just that most people dont have the guts to do it.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...

Your right there, another defeat to Diaz would put him right in his place eh. Surly he must be confident that he can get him or he would avoid and go back to FW? The talk is that it could go ahead again at 170 why not 155? Got to give it to CM he puts some work in to it, been back training Muay Thai last few weeks and forgot just how hard it can be! Sore all the time but loving it!

i love how conor fights but got owned by nate his power didnt bother Diaz so wats changed hard see him beat nate .conor wants it at 170 i belive .i tink Edgar dos anjos get conor on his back its over no ground defence at all time will tell hype train could crash again hope does well but blueprint is out on how to beat him imo

• Like 1