Moon ?

Another mind bending thing is.

How did they time the time.as in 365 days.seconds.minutes.hrs.months.how the feck could they work out the length of a year.the people back in the day knew a lot more than the educated people of today.

Figuring out that there is roughly 365 days in a year is fairly basic astronomy. I'm not saying it is not cool but it's hardly on par with modern science. Our ancestors weren't plebs but they simply couldn't teach a modern astronomer much.

"If people sat and looked at the stars each night, I'd bet they'd live a lot differently" ― Bill Watterson

You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.” ― Edgar D. Mitchell, Apollo 14

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

With regards to getting your bonce around stuff such as infinity then don't worry so much as the universe one day will collapse (apparently done it a few times) so there will be nothing.

Now when I say nothing it's not like an empty box or something, it's literally nothing, no time, no light, nothing. No space, no dust, no gravity, no heat, no energy - nowt, zilch!! Everything you know and have come to terms with will not be here and most likely won't ever again.

A small little sentence changed my perspective on the night sky when out with my dad.
"That star is hundreds of thousands of light years away, which is a long way, and the light you see when you look up and see that star has traveled all that way just to reach your eyes the moment you look at it". Almost makes you feel rude for not looking :D :D :D

I often think while looking at the moon.just how clever we are as a species to extract metals from the earth and fuel.then design and build a machine to travel to that distant planet and get back to earth.

Its an amazing process when you think where we are now compared to 200yrs ago.but I can't think to much about space as it blows my mind abit lol.

I often think about how clever we are as a species to be able to do these things, then I think that once upon a time we realised there was a massive pile of rubbish building up and decided itd be a good idea to cover it in soil and seed it and we have pretty much been doing that ever since.

I often think while looking at the moon.just how clever we are as a species to extract metals from the earth and fuel.then design and build a machine to travel to that distant planet and get back to earth.

Its an amazing process when you think where we are now compared to 200yrs ago.but I can't think to much about space as it blows my mind abit lol.

I often think about how clever we are as a species to be able to do these things, then I think that once upon a time we realised there was a massive pile of rubbish building up and decided itd be a good idea to cover it in soil and seed it and we have pretty much been doing that ever since.

No doubt about it, we are a real clever species, spend millions / billions on sending men into space, probes to Mars and not forgetting the millions on weapons capable of destroying the planet, shame we cannot concentrate on putting this planet right before we go and colonise another one to ruin.