Who Hunts With A Springer?

Ive got a .22 gamo vermint stalker thats sat gathering dust at the moment. Thing is with my only permission at the moment im tempted to take it out. its a small one at 10acres with all the rabbits in one spot essentially. very skittish bunch. once you hit/miss the first shot its very rare they come out again for a while so the 10 shot pcp hatsan doesnt really get used to its full potential. considering taking the springer out for a session tomorrow instead for the initial shoot on the ones who sit around to greet me and then swapping out to the hatsan for sitting and waiting for them to reappear (only 1 scope light kit and cba moving the mounts between guns)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me tell you a story about my experience of the Regal and why I have kept it, why I love it and the kind of treatment from the industry I've had. Let me also just say I'm not a gunsmith techie type

Simon if i was closer id of gone and got your money back for you mate   The trouble with you is your to kind heart,d my man   but i think its one of the things we all like about you   I had to g

Thanks darkdd81 A cautionary tale of experience. If Redbeck want to challenge me on this, I will happily meet them with my lawyers in court, with the rifle and its anti tamper seals stickers in plac

Posted Images

Used to use a TX200hc.

I've now sold that after using my falcon PCP for a while.

What I will say is as long as you are effective with the springer at the required range it's a non issue and more fun.

With that said, from what I've seen, the only guys who hunt with springers are those that are bored of their PCPs or don't have a good one.

Have you tried stretching out the range to not spook them? I'm guessing you're already pressing onto 45metres? That's never going to fly, even with the best springers. Just my thoughts.

A healthy bunny hopping around is better than a bunny with a shoulder shot out for life.

• Like 2

Used to use a TX200hc.

I've now sold that after using my falcon PCP for a while.

What I will say is as long as you are effective with the springer at the required range it's a non issue and more fun.

With that said, from what I've seen, the only guys who hunt with springers are those that are bored of their PCPs or don't have a good one.

Have you tried stretching out the range to not spook them? I'm guessing you're already pressing onto 45metres? That's never going to fly, even with the best springers. Just my thoughts.

A healthy bunny hopping around is better than a bunny with a shoulder shot out for life.

Iv had some of the best pcp,s out there , and the same with spring rifles

Iv had that many 97s,s that iv lost count

same with the tx200

pro sports iv had 4 now with the one iv got at the moment

and just took a 50 yrd head shot with the pro sport the other night one shot one kill it just lay down and went to sleep

A spring rifle in the right hands is as good as any pcp shot for shot IN THE RIGHT HANDS

lads like piano man , Rez, and so on the lads practice all the time

Its hard for me to leave the hw100s at home just because its so accurate

but every now and again ill take what ever spring rifle i have at the time just to keep my skills in check

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

weather dampened the idea of going out so i never took the springer out. with regards to range im having to take some longer shots at 45-50yards + nearly every time as thats the only cover i have and the ground condition arent the quietest at the moment! But there is a section as you enter the field where if you creep around you get a 20-30 yard rabbit nearly every time. many eyes in the bramble warrens at night as well so might be the place to setup for a couple of hours with the springer.

Need to scrap some money from under the sofa to get mildots on both rifles though for the longer shots. not had a miss-hit yet from the normal reticle but im sure it will help alot.

• Like 1