Working Land Without Permission

so in your opinion ideation everyone who poaches if seen SHOULD have the police called upon them???? is that what we should advise ??? your sitting all prity in hampshire thats great but all the times you've poached before there who to say someone hasnt seen you a thought ah stuff it. we leave him like. if everyone rang the police maybe even someone like your self. you comes from half decent background well spoken and all that would of had many more convictions. risking your job and so on .im not giving poachers a free ride i been kicked beaten and so on from keepers rough with the smooth and all that and i'l take that over any police call. we hunt and if poach yes should take consiquences but i will NEVER give approval to grass someone up. weather dog man gun man or what ever.

edit to add i think apart from the threat op was all ok

Haha nice one for trying to twist my words mate? Where have I said anything like "all poachers if seen should have the police called on them" ??? I said nothing of the sort.

What I said was, if you are caught trespassing / poaching, you've just got to accept that whoever catches you has the right to tell you to feck off, thats just how life works, you can't get arsey with them, or moan or whine, you've just got to take it on the chin and work on not getting caught next time!

Ive been caught poaching and I've caught poachers, when caught myself I've just said sorry mate and gone away as asked, occasionally even getting perm, and when I've caught others on my perm when out lamping I've told them to go lamp elsewhere, sometimes given them some advice, and cracked on with my night.

Recently I've had the pleasure of smashed fences, ripped up fields, dead quarry left in the field, worried stock etc etc etc. So can understand how some people have a low tolerance.

I dont condone ringing the police unless its the above situation, but then sometimes the police would be the least of their worrys!

• Like 1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ffs give it a rest mate ,your like an old woman yapping on ,the only person going to get screwed if you rang old bill is you with your gun at night . think about it for a minute .as for poaching ive d

I'm a poacher my dogs are poaching dogs, thats how its always been and thats how it will always be, never had permission in my life, but i do have respect for the quarry the land and livestock. but u

No one can blame a farmer for being pissed off when the numptys are f***ing his land up. Who wouldn't be pissed off. Very easy to see how a few dog men makes the hole dog world look bad..again. Your l

Why not post this on the gun section if your a gunman?

Territorial akita may make short work of a whippet but there's plenty of lurchers that could roll one over and your fatger in law being a lot less tolerant could see him getting a dig if he started being aggressive towards strangers.

Just what i was thinking about the akita am sure a good bull cross, would make short work one.

ffs give it a rest mate ,your like an old woman yapping on ,the only person going to get screwed if you rang old bill is you with your gun at night . think about it for a minute .as for poaching ive done it all my life and will continue to do so for the rest of my life .and if for example you ever came to me at night with a gun in tow and you had rang old bill id wait until they came ,then id swear my life away you had threatened to kill me you had pointed your gun at my head and told me youd blow my brains out if i moved .the least youd get away with is a caution ,that itself will get your license revoked ,you boys with your farms etc going on about a few lads running a couple of rabbits give it a rest pal and be grateful youve got endless permo.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the reason lurchermen have a shocking reputation in the farming community.

It's not a couple of bunnies, it's potentially damage to stock / crops that you need to make a living. The fact our family has worked it's arse off for 4 generations to buy the land we work on and keep it in decent order doesn't give anyone with a dog the right to trespass.

like i said chum your like an old woman with your melodramatics ,go and fill your subsidy claims in of the backs of the taxpayer .pity the rest of us didnt get a subsidy ffs the sooner that scam is binned by the government the better .a million plus living out of foodbanks and you lot even getting hand outs when you f up ..effing farmers always grizzling

Wow. . . . . never knew you were a farming expert now as well? Amazing really.

I'm not sure you fully grasp the subsidy system, I'm also impressed you know that he claimed BPS and that he's received it.

f**k the farmers aye. . . . . what do we need them for!

• Like 2

Territorial akita may make short work of a whippet but there's plenty of lurchers that could roll one over and your fatger in law being a lot less tolerant could see him getting a dig if he started being aggressive towards strangers.

Just what i was thinking about the akita am sure a good bull cross, would make short work one.

No because a 'good' bull x wouldn't be a dog aggressive fanny.

• Like 2

so in your opinion ideation everyone who poaches if seen SHOULD have the police called upon them???? is that what we should advise ??? your sitting all prity in hampshire thats great but all the times you've poached before there who to say someone hasnt seen you a thought ah stuff it. we leave him like. if everyone rang the police maybe even someone like your self. you comes from half decent background well spoken and all that would of had many more convictions. risking your job and so on .im not giving poachers a free ride i been kicked beaten and so on from keepers rough with the smooth and all that and i'l take that over any police call. we hunt and if poach yes should take consiquences but i will NEVER give approval to grass someone up. weather dog man gun man or what ever.

Haha nice one for trying to twist my words mate? Where have I said anything like "all poachers if seen should have the police called on them" ??? I said nothing of the sort.

What I said was, if you are caught trespassing / poaching, you've just got to accept that whoever catches you has the right to tell you to feck off, thats just how life works, you can't get arsey with them, or moan or whine, you've just got to take it on the chin and work on not getting caught next time!

Ive been caught poaching and I've caught poachers, when caught myself I've just said sorry mate and gone away as asked, occasionally even getting perm, and when I've caught others on my perm when out lamping I've told them to go lamp elsewhere, sometimes given them some advice, and cracked on with my night.

Recently I've had the pleasure of smashed fences, ripped up fields, dead quarry left in the field, worried stock etc etc etc. So can understand how some people have a low tolerance.

I dont condone ringing the police unless its the above situation, but then sometimes the police would be the least of their worrys!

Agree when fences are getting smashed a quarry left dead in the field then it becomes a lot different.

Having read the rest of the replies please let me clarify something.

We welcome people on to control bunnies at pretty much any time of the year. They cause a lot of damage for us and anyone courteous enough to come and ask first and anyone willing to spend a day on the nets, sat in a hide or wandering with lamp / nv is fine. What we take exception to are people who dont have the respect to ask first. The fact that damage (even if it's accidental) caused by the dogs running over and breaking the roses at a fragile point in the growing cycle can cost us quite a bit when it comes to lost stock is a bit of a sticking point (we had an issue with the hunt one year when the hounds ended up causing quite a bit of damage when they ploughed their way through them)

This isn't about a couple of runs and a couple of rabbits. If all those calling me had someone sneaking around their back yard at night without permission to be there would they tell them to get lost or just say, ah well... They aren't doing any harm!

It goes deeper, we have rights to be on the land shooting, the lads with the dogs didn't. Because of this, I'm guessing they aren't aware of the crazy bitch who lives in one of the newish barn conversions who will (and has in the past) called Dibble at the slightest sign of a lamp at night. If they had permission, they would have been aware of it but they don't.

As for not being a hunter... if I didn't have a permission, I'd travel to find land. I've got the guns, I've got the ferrets and once the pup is trained to a standard I'm happy with I will be lamping as well. I've got access to pockets of land over 30 miles away from home which have been gained by talking to the right people. The land is out there and available to work on if you know where to look and how to ask.

No because a 'good' bull x wouldn't be a dog aggressive fanny.

Correct but even the most friendly of dogs would attack back if attacked by another dog

Agree when fences are getting smashed a quarry left dead in the field then it becomes a lot different.

That unfortunately seems pretty standard in some places! Keepers where I work, found 2 deer and six hares laid our for a photo and then left. . . . .

brookies right one bad turn deserves another,if they call police all bets are of there trying to get you in trouble so counter allegations about being threatened with firearms are perfectly in order.you get a fine for poaching he loses his fac ..all even then.

• Like 1

ffs give it a rest mate ,your like an old woman yapping on ,the only person going to get screwed if you rang old bill is you with your gun at night . think about it for a minute .as for poaching ive done it all my life and will continue to do so for the rest of my life .and if for example you ever came to me at night with a gun in tow and you had rang old bill id wait until they came ,then id swear my life away you had threatened to kill me you had pointed your gun at my head and told me youd blow my brains out if i moved .the least youd get away with is a caution ,that itself will get your license revoked ,you boys with your farms etc going on about a few lads running a couple of rabbits give it a rest pal and be grateful youve got endless permo.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the reason lurchermen have a shocking reputation in the farming community.

It's not a couple of bunnies, it's potentially damage to stock / crops that you need to make a living. The fact our family has worked it's arse off for 4 generations to buy the land we work on and keep it in decent order doesn't give anyone with a dog the right to trespass.

like i said chum your like an old woman with your melodramatics ,go and fill your subsidy claims in of the backs of the taxpayer .pity the rest of us didnt get a subsidy ffs the sooner that scam is binned by the government the better .a million plus living out of foodbanks and you lot even getting hand outs when you f up ..effing farmers always grizzling

I'm not sure you fully grasp the subsidy system, I'm also impressed you know that he claimed BPS and that he's received it.

i grew up on a farm chum sub contracted on em .my youngest sons a farm manager and at one time i owned 78 pigs and 22 registered welsh cob horses and ran them all on my own land . so wow yeah ,as for you farming ,you might have bluffed a few on here but you aint farmed so much as the local allotments ffs.

• Like 2

. But you haven't said anything about gun poachers so does that mean there ok to hunt your land you ???? Poaching poaching weather it with a dog or not that post you just made makes it sound like you hate lads with dogs

i grew up on a farm chum sub contracted on em .my youngest sons a farm manager and at one time i owned 78 pigs and 22 registered welsh cob horses and ran them all on my own land . so wow yeah ,as for you farming ,you might have bluffed a few on here but you aint farmed so much as the local allotments ffs.

I stand corrected, fair play to you. Still, your attitude toward farmers is somewhat questionable.

As for me 'bluffing' a few on here. . . . . yer you're right I don't have a clue about farming.

Not a clue . . . . . .

photo%201_zpskm929xh0.jpg

• Like 1

Yet you still had the balls to show your ignorance on the subsidy system, hats off to you sir, good job I say.

Edited by Paulnix
  • Like 1